My First Flashlight Gift !!!

DavidTHR

Enlightened
As a new Flashaholic, I just received my first "gift of a flashlight," a Surefire no less.

My good friend gave me an older Surefire he had, a sort of early holiday gift.

He said it was about 5 years old and it's a model 3P (with the original box). This 3P flashlight is green in color (not the color of its light, but the flashlight itself).

Does anyone have any information on a green 3P Surefire (it is not listed on their website).

Thanks...

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good on ya David! You sure that was a good friend who gave it to you? Cos I think he just started you onto an expensive hobby.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I believe the 3P is the older brother to the E1, I suppose you could call it a 'classic' now. Looks like an E1 without all the curves... Its no longer in production hence not on the website, so you've got yourself a keeper! I've seen a pic of the 3P in black on a site somewhere (think it was Brock's site, which has a pic of it along with other lights).

Anyway, if you wanna get rid of it, let me know!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

DavidTHR

Enlightened
Since I am now a budding Flashaholic, I am passing the word among my family and friends.

I am hoping instead of a new "polo shirt" or "tie" this holiday season, perhaps my family and friends will "think flashlight" !!!

gadgetnut

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
DavidTHR said:
Since I am now a budding Flashaholic, I am passing the word among my family and friends.

I am hoping instead of a new "polo shirt" or "tie" this holiday season, perhaps my family and friends will "think flashlight" !!!

[/ QUOTE ]Ya better be specific, or you're liable to end up with a bunch of Maglite's from Wal-Mart. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Welcome to CPF
Give your family a list with prices & where to buy them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
buy your own CR123 batteries on line for $1 to $1.25 each.

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF! The 3P's are great little lights. I have one in black and love it. The beam seems to be much tighter than the E1 that replaced it. Definitely a keeper, and a great way to start.

-Mike

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF, David !

I recently saw one of these in that beautiful green up for auction on Ebay. Great little light.

I fell asleep at the switch and lost.

I second what everyone else has said.

BC

DavidTHR

Enlightened
Why did they make these 3Ps in a bright green?

All the other Surefires I have seen seem to be in either black or gun metal (except for the plastic ones which I have seen in multiple colors).

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
David, IIRC, there was another 3P in red up for auction by the same seller. Maybe they were a limited run for a <font color="red"> Christmas </font> <font color="green"> Promotion. </font> /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

BC