Problem with my Pelican 2326C M6 Tactical Remote Pressure Switch and Surefire G2

assaftolko

Newly Enlightened
Well, even though I've read here that the two are compatible - they aren't... I mean I have to push the wire of the pressure switch with my hand in order to get the cap metal coil and the battery inside the flashlight to touch each other and so get it to work. This is of course not practical... if the pressure switch cap could turn one more turn it would work, but it can't. Is there some creative way to overcome this problem? maybe something I can put in the space between the coil and the battery that would make it work?

Any suggestions about what to put and from what matterial should it be mad from would help me a lot, thanks!

Last edited:

Ctechlite

Enlightened
Maybe take some pictures, I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't know what you mean by "I mean I have to push the wire of the pressure switch with my hand in order to get the cap metal coil and the battery inside the flashlight..."

assaftolko

Newly Enlightened
I mean that when I screw the cap to the G2 all the way - the metal coil inside the cap and the battery inside the G2 body still don't touch each other so the electrical circle doesn't close and the remote doesn't work. Only if I use my hand to push the remote's wire further through the cap can the contact between the two be created and the remote will work. Of course this is not practical...

Ctechlite

Enlightened
An. I've got it now. The spring doesn't make contact with the negative battery contact.

First I'd suggest trying to stretch the spring by pulling it. That would be the simplest route. Beyond that you could try taking the switch apart from the cap and adding a spacer/washer behind it to move the assembly closer to the battery.

Latest posts