Malkoff        
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Mechanical Modding Services

Default Re: Mechanical Modding Services

Hi! Sorry about your back. I hope your bad days disappear. Can the Sunwayman V11R aluminum be bored for 18mm cells? Would it be $80 to bore aluminum body + extender?

Thank you for your kind thoughts, I seem to be in a holding pattern right now ... not better but not worse & I'll be thrilled if it stays like this. Most days I work until 4:00 or 5:00 and that's better than anticipated.

Can the Sunwayman V11R aluminum be bored for 18mm cells? Would it be $80 to bore aluminum body + extender?
    $68.00 to bore body & extender for 18mm cells & that includes return shipping CONUS.
    Surefire® boring including E-Series & Weapon Lights* Please text msg, phone or email through contact page at https://precisionelectrical.us/

Hello. I have sent you an email concerning your modding service on my SMW V10r Ti+. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tphill View Post
    Hello. I have sent you an email concerning your modding service on my SMW V10r Ti+. Thanks.
    Have the battery tube bored out for 18350 and the outside cut down for better grip/comfort.
    Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

Quote Originally Posted by kaichu dento View Post
    Have the battery tube bored out for 18350 and the outside cut down for better grip/comfort.
    I'll bet you might have a photo of that somewhere
    Surefire® boring including E-Series & Weapon Lights* Please text msg, phone or email through contact page at https://precisionelectrical.us/

Quote Originally Posted by precisionworks View Post
    I'll bet you might have a photo of that somewhere
    Yeah, it's all here in this post from a while back!

Wish that I'd had you open it up to accept 18350, but I guess there's still time since I've got one more!

Quote Originally Posted by kaichu dento View Post
    Here's some pics Barry took when he worked over my V10R Ti a few months back and I absolutely love the feel and appearance with the way he kept the stock rings, just reduced, although others may prefer the symmetrical approach he's now worked out better.
    The tube in the top pics and bezel in the lower pics is my light and I couldn't be happier. Every time I use my stock tubed version I marvel that SWM made such an excellent light but it took Barry to perfect their battery tube, and with the low levels available from these lights, the crenelated bezel is a very good mod to have when it comes to realizing the light is still on.

Marduke - Solitaire...I've seen matches which are brighter AND have a longer runtime. 光陰矢の如し

Hey Boss hope your doing OK.
    Sent a couple of e mails. no reply...
    checking on the ETA of that box of lights.
    Thanks

My apologies for not getting your email answered more quickly. Summer seems to be the time for breakdowns, bad for my customers but not so bad for me as those are usually jobs that take a while to figure out. I will reply by email ASAP, hopefully tomorrow.

Hey Buddy, still no e mail,

Quote Originally Posted by DragonHead View Post
    ... still no e mail,
    Email replied to just now, I appreciate your patience.

If anyone has tried to visit my website during the past two days it's had an issue with the way Firefox displays pages. Not a problem with IE but finally figured out the cause & implemented the change about an hour ago. Now the wait of 24-48 hours for server updates & life should be back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by precisionworks View Post
    Email replied to just now, I appreciate your patience.

If anyone has tried to visit my website during the past two days it's had an issue with the way Firefox displays pages. Not a problem with IE but finally figured out the cause & implemented the change about an hour ago. Now the wait of 24-48 hours for server updates & life should be back to normal.
    i sent you a little something something to the shop. it's not a light for boring btw, did it arrive?
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.
    my lights - review of PrecisionWorks - that's Gucci Mane in my avatar

It arrived safely, email sent.

Website is again running. If you have a minute please click on the the website address in my sig line & let me know if the site loads up quickly or if you get a Google popup that says "untrusted security certificate".

I got a popup and when I clicked continue it was a "coming soon" page

"Can't verify identity"

Thanks for checking. I changed a couple of things & it seems now to work for me. I'd appreciate any of you trying it again ...

Worked perfectly for me. Love the look of your site.

Are you going to be adding website design to your list of services?

Thank you for your kind words 880arm.
    Are you going to be adding website design to your list of services?
    I have no idea how to build a site but my Web Administrator is awesome - he redid everything & gave it the new look. This all started when a salesperson phoned me & said my old site failed to show up on a number of "standard" tests ... & he'd correct that for only $99/month

His email was forwarded to my WA who mentioned that hosting with WordPress made it harder to accomplish SEO (search engine optimization). He suggested a new site not hosted with WordPress & while doing that it got the full makeover.

He also mentioned that the new site should load faster on mobile devices & tablets. That's becoming more & more important as people move away from desktops & laptops.

Very Nice. I love the way your home page can be scrolled to see everything. Saves time not having to click on each category!

Thanks Kitrobaskin. Happy to see that the site is now working for you.

Thanks so much for responding to my query. Clearly you know what you are talking about. No wonder people recommend you.

The newer Nitecore EC-20 is quite the light for under $50. No factory clip but that isn't hard to correct:

Drilled, tapped & chamfered:

With McG titanium pocket clip:

very nice
    aka Edgar Allan Bro, Brosama Bin Liftin, Walter Crunkite, Bro Namath, Teddy Brosevelt, and the Tomahawk Crunkmissile.

Quote Originally Posted by tobrien View Post
    very nice
    Thank you for your kind words.

Worth mentioning is that when the clip is indexed to fall onto the flat logo panel it's somewhat difficult for the clip to catch the pocket edge. I'd recommend indexing the clip so it rests against the round section of the body.

To keep the tail cap permanently fixed in position I glued it to the body with Loctite retaining compound #620. Loctite 620 is similar to the glue Surefire uses to bond the head & body on X-series lights & Weapon Lights.

Exclamation Re: Mechanical Modding Services

Just a quick note to everyone who sent their light in for modding - every light is finished & shipped back. Turn around for new machining orders should run 2-4 weeks.

Thanks to everyone for being extraordinarily patient during a difficult period. My back issues are no better but thankfully they are no worse & I'm able to spend more time at the lathe & milling machine. I'll try hard to get lights done & shipped in the 2-4 week time frame.

------------------------------------

Trio of SWM M11R Ti Sirius - bored for 18650, grooved in Haiku pattern.

Last edited by precisionworks; 11-16-2014 at 05:50 PM.

Showing extender de-hexed & half the factory body grooves machined away:

Smooth & ready for Haiku Pattern grooving.

Almost finished. A McG titanium pocket clip is the last step & that will probably be done on Monday ...

Wow Barry, that looks awesome
    Please no PM/Visitor Msg's. Email for questions/Paypal: wquiles [at] gmail {dot} com

First time for me to do this mod. The owner of the light wanted the hex removed from the bezel so the light would more easily slide into an armor plate carrier. The inside of the bezel was gripped by an internal expanding 5C arbor & the hex was then machined off. The "bumps" were left proud of the surface by 1/64" (I thought it looked neat).

Body was bored for 18650 ...

Quote Originally Posted by wquiles View Post
    Wow Barry, that looks awesome
    Thank you for your kind words Will.

that's incredible work on that Z2!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast