• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Mac's black cerakoted Tri-EDC

hawkmoon69

Newly Enlightened
I hate to sell this, but the bills are piling. This was from his first run. I didnt like the original engine (the timing was strange), so I had Mac upgrade it to the latest neutral engine that he is using (no red led). The color is great! No green/no yellow -- if anything the slightest tinge of red compared to other neutrals (which I think just means that it is truly neutral...and reveals the green and yellow in others). The beam profile is great too -- slightly more focused than previous versions.

I've carried it a bit -- it has a couple marks around the bezel. super-tiny. dab it with a sharpie and rub off the excess and they're gone (the nice thing about the texturizing). Swapping out the engine means that I've got more in it than I'll get out of it, but it's a perfect EDC light now. The black texturized cerakoting is a very uncommon finish, and looks superb. Maybe he would do a custom one like this again for someone, but it's certainly not production. $300 $275 shipped Priority.
IMG_1606 by willtwoodrow, on Flickr

Last edited:

Rudilux

Newly Enlightened
Thanks a lot.
I think it was my fault, I simply didn't realize that cerakote coating is that expensive..

Rudi

hawkmoon69

Newly Enlightened
big price drop. batteries no longer included. somebody will be very happy with this light...I do not want to sell it