Looking for a tk70

DustinLSX

Newly Enlightened
I'm very impatient. When I decide I want something, I usually can't wait. Well, I've decided I want/need a fenix tk70. Does anyone know of a fenix dealer anywhere near Memphis?

lwknight

Enlightened
Are you really sure about that?
I got a TK60 thinking that with 4-D batteries that it would be my workhorse.
It turns out that I am the work horse toting a 3+ pound baseball bat that if were
a TK70 would also look like a plunger.
I got a TK41 and I love it even though the run time is basically 1/2 that of the TK60.
Also the TK 60 and 41 both will reach out and touch coyotes at well over 300 yards.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
It turns out that I am the work horse toting a 3+ pound baseball bat that if were
I got a TK41 and I love it even though the run time is basically 1/2 that of the TK60.
Also the TK 60 and 41 both will reach out and touch coyotes at well over 300 yards.

What if the coyotes are 600 yards out though, come on...lets assume his coyotes are more skittish at least.

:D

GoingGear is in that vague area, shipping couldn't take more than a day or so from there at most...and you get 10% of as a CPF member plus free shipping...I'd go that route.

:D

GoldLS1

Newly Enlightened

Any spill difference with the 60 and 41? I've been trying to figure out which TK light I should pick up.

my#1hobby

Enlightened
Any spill difference with the 60 and 41? I've been trying to figure out which TK light I should pick up.
I'm sure the spill is the same on both. I run my TK60 on only 3 cells and I get around 3 1/2 hrs on it before it drops to high. It's really grown on me.

lwknight

Enlightened
I'm pretty sure that the tk60 head and th41 head are exactly the same thing except for the battery contact.
Side by side the beam looks exactly the same. OH, hey 10-4 on the 3 cells. I like my tk60 better with 3 cells
I guess there is a reason that it comes with a shoulder strap.

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have they gotten rid of that shocking blue color out of the TK70 yet?

It would be a great light except for the tint.

You need to wear color correcting glasses whilst looking at anything the TK70 lights up!!!

Hasn't anybody noticed this in the beamshots or nobody is worried by it.

Most of the guys on this forum whinge about slight variations in tint and say why don't they bring out exactly what they need but this huge color difference to normal 800 plus lumen color tints has me left wondering why nobody ever comments on it.

I would probably have added a TK70 to my collection except the tint really put me right off it.

Last edited:

fnsooner

Enlightened
I'm very impatient. When I decide I want something, I usually can't wait. Well, I've decided I want/need a fenix tk70. Does anyone know of a fenix dealer anywhere near Memphis?

It is a 6 hour drive to Broken Arrow, Oklahoma where the Fenix store is located.

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 Going Gear

They're in Smyrna, GA so shipping wouldn't take long at all.