Surefire 6P Titanium Clip Question

thaugen

Enlightened
I have a Darksucks Titanium clip made for the Surefire lights. I have a Surefire 6P with a Z41 McClicky tail switch. Unfortunately, even with the rubber o-ring installed the clip does not make enough contact with the tail switch to stop it from rotating around the body. I love this clip and was wondering if anyone have any suggestions to help make this clip work?

Thanks!

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
That's kinda what happens with those style of clips on a light with the twisty tailcap. I used an o-ring with a Moddoo clip on a C2 and it worked pretty well-snug enough for me. But if that isn't working for you, you might be able to put a slight bend in the circular part of the clip so that it sticks up a bit and catches the tailcap better. Some have done that with their Clickies and had success.

Ctechlite

Enlightened
I'd suggest an o-ring placed on one side or the other of the clip to squish down on it to provide some resistance to movement. You could also try a drop of "super glue" (cyanoacrylate), and if it doesn't work out some acetone to clean up. This shouldn't cause any harm to the light if it doesn't work and should clean up very easily if ever needed to return to stock.

flashlight nut

Enlightened
I put a Moddoo Clip on my 6P and had to use 2 thin o-rings, one on top of the clip, one on the bottom. Works great.