My first "real world" use for my SL TT 2L.

gadgetnut

Enlightened
My first \"real world\" use for my SL TT 2L.

A few nights ago, I met another guy at our church to discuss a job we needed to get done outside. (We've installed outdoor lighting in a few key areas, and we were planning how best to run the wiring.) Anyhow, it was dark when we got there, so I brought along my trusty SL TT 2L. It was the perfect light to have with me. We stood on the ground and used the Xenon bulb to illuminate the fixtures that are mounted high up on the sides of the church as we discussed what we needed to do. Then when it was time to sketch out our plans on paper, I switched it over to the LED's to light the tablet we were drawing on. The Xenon bulb was WAY too bright for that task, so I was very glad to have the dual-use capabilities. I love that light.

Spango

Newly Enlightened
Re: My first \"real world\" use for my SL TT 2L.

That's great! How's the performance of this light? I am considering buying one (as well as a 1L) soon! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

gadgetnut

Enlightened
Re: My first \"real world\" use for my SL TT 2L.

[ QUOTE ]
Spango said:
That's great! How's the performance of this light? I am considering buying one (as well as a 1L) soon! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't own any Surefire lights, so I wouldn't be able to compare it to an expensive model. I can tell you it's 100 times better than any maglite or similar product I've ever had. The build quality is top notch, and it's really bright. I love the dual-use aspect of it, and for $30 it's an amazing bargain.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: My first

My 2L will be here in a few days. I expect to be as or more impressed with it than I was when I received my 1L. They are awesome lights.

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: My first

Spango,

I think you will really like the SL TT 2L...both myself and my wife do. If you order from Brightguy.com (recommended) don't forget to get the spare xenon two pack for $5.25.

My roof is about 20 feet at the highest point and I have absolutely no problem lighting it up with the xenon. I'm not talking barely enough light, I'm talking enough light to really see up there. I have a shed that is about 50, maybe 75 feet away from the house and I can light it up and clearly see what's going over there too.

I used the led's to work under my kitchen sink this last weekend and it was really good. I then used the xenon to really light it up later when I wanted to carefully check for leaks. It was nice to have both options in one light.

I give the ST TT 2L /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Mike