Which in your arsenal is your least used, and why?

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of all the lights you have is there any that you use the least and just collects dust so to speak...?

In my collection I would have to say my lithium backup's, i.e. my SL Scorpion and TL-3. They are just that backups so that is why they see the least amount of action. Now if I was to go Christmas Shopping (yikes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif) during the evening hours I would bring my TL-3 with me for a little company.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Re: Which in your arsenal is your least used, and

my LedLensers, they cannot match my other lights.
bernhard

FNG

Enlightened

UKE 2L. I bought it with the intent of it being a glovebox light. Also the 2AA Radio Shack Flourescent Lamp that Radio Shack discontinued months ago. Ive turned it on now and then but never had a use for it.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic

PT Impact 4AA. With the stock magnifying lense, or the lense from my TEC 40... either one.... I think the beam sucks lemons.

In 100 PLUS lights, there are several that don't see much use. But I avoid that one like the plague!

machulu

Newly Enlightened
For me it's the Surefire Z3. I have a turbohead attached on it with the N2 lamp on it. The beam is simply way to tight for it to be useful for everyday needs. It get's the call once in a while when I go camping.

~Stephen

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast

Streamlight 3C Propolymer Xenon; somebody actually worked hard to make the beam ringy, like a Maglite. Amazing.

Mrd 74

Enlightened

Original Turtlelight, with its narrow beam and limited throw it can't compare to the more advanced lights that are currently available.

rlhess

Enlightened

--Mag 6D (bedside) replaced by SL ProPolymer 3C LED and SF G2--although it's a good prybar, it is not a comfortable light to use. As to runtime (which it's good at), I have an SC2 or the 3C to make up for that.

--Mag 5D (car) replaced by SL TL-3 and TL-3 LED -- It's 100 degrees here in Glendale today and alkalines don't like that.

--UKE D8 -- sold to friend. While I thought I would use it, with all the lithium and LED lights (some lithium LEDs too), it is not economical, it's heavy and expensive to run. It's throw is too short (although it's a big flood). It has neat features as a dive-specific light, but I can carry 3 9Ps and 40 123 cells for less weight and bulk.

--UKE 4AA -- given to a friend. While it has reasonable reach, I just wasn't using it.

--Minim*g -- I keep one in my tool kit and one in my desk drawer but don't use them often, even with the Nexstar lamps

--UKE 2AA compact -- I thought I'd use them on my binocular magnifier, but not great. I'm planning on putting them inside plastic pumpkins this Halloween for glowing orbs for the boys to hold out for candy.

--Brinkmann Max Million Q beam -- short run time, heavy, bright, but I'd rather grab a TL-3 or SRTH for hearing what goes bump in the night in the back yard. Not as bright, but much easier to use. I'm selling this, and keeping the Banana in the car (just ordered a new battery).

--Arc AAA Turquoise -- I thought this would be useful as it's brighter than the white, but I keep using the white. It sometimes serves as a marker light during power failures if we have an obstruction in the hall or something like that. I have two, one is in storage (along with the spare Arc AAA UV).

--A box of un-batteried 2D flashlights.

Cheers,

Richard

GeoffChan

Enlightened

Surefire A2, it was one with a faulty tailcap so got less used over time and its now back in the box.

Geoff

onelight

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
charliek said:
Mag 2D Heavy(but not big enough for a whoopin'), clunky, poor beam.

[/ QUOTE ]What charliek said but mine is big enough for whoopin a 5d /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sigp6

Newly Enlightened

Surefire M6, it stays by the bed. I EDC all of my others.

Tom

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mag 3D.

I have a Mag 3D and UltraStinger next to my bed along with some other lights but of different categories. I always grab the UltraStinger for a few reasons: it's lighter, brighter, and has a better beam pattern.

jhereg

Enlightened

2D Mag & a 2C Pelican. Both of them are car lights. I check them about once a month to make sure they still work. I've got a Photon on my jacket I don't tend to use either, but it is there if I need it. It was kind of scary today. I unloaded all the lights out of my pant & coat pockets. I found 9 lights!

Andy

LongFei

Newly Enlightened

Right now my SF L4!!!

WHY?! you say? Because I'm waiting to get my fixed clickie back in the mail! It should show up before the end of the week though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

oldeng95

Enlightened

i have 2 inova X5s one with, and the other without the clickie.
even my 1 cr123 Arc destroys them, not to mention L4
they were instantly retired

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Pelican SuperSabrelite 3C. Super tight and yellow beam. Useless for pretty much anything I can think of.

Wilkey

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast

My weaponlight gets the least use. I don't get to creep around in the dark with my pistol now that I don't live in Florida any more.