Thrunite ti lost it's ultra low

crizyal

Enlightened
I have been EDCing the AAA gem for about a month. I wondered about the durability of this light since it uses a tab for the low mode. Last night I realized that the light no longer has low mode. I attempted to pry the tab up, but that doesn't seem to help. It seams like the low is malfunctioning in the chip. I am pretty bummed because this tiny light works so well for me to EDC at work. For the price I should just order another but not if it is only going to last a month.

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been EDCing the AAA gem for about a month. I wondered about the durability of this light since it uses a tab for the low mode. Last night I realized that the light no longer has low mode. I attempted to pry the tab up, but that doesn't seem to help. It seams like the low is malfunctioning in the chip. I am pretty bummed because this tiny light works so well for me to EDC at work. For the price I should just order another but not if it is only going to last a month.
More than likely it's still a tab issue. It can't be the chip (it either works or it doesn't). I suppose it could be the driver but the tab seems to be the weak link. I haven't had that problem with mine yet but I'm expecting it.

Gregozedobe

Enlightened
First clean and carefully inspect around the tab for any small pieces of metal that could be shorting the driver/tab out. If you can't see anything then to diagnose whether it is the tab or the driver that is at fault, try putting a small piece of plastic under the tab. This will prevent it from switching on Hi if it is a tab problem, if it still goes onto Hi then suspect the driver.

Racer

Enlightened
Mine's seen 3 months of heavy use and it's still going strong.

The head got wobbly but I put some teflon tape on it, and now it has a better feel than when it was new. I must be lucky because mine stabalized about about a half turn between modes. It's a full turn between off and high, which I like.

No problems with the tab on mine or the foam so far. It does seem like yours either has a bent tab or some debris causing a short.

Danielsan

Enlightened
My Thrunite Ti has the same problem, sometimes it loose ultra low, sometimes it dosnt work at all and sometimes the ultra mode is much much closer to the high mode, that means it is tricky to switch to the low mode. What i do is just unscrew and tighten the head a few times with bigger force and then it starts to work again.

SoulCraves

Newly Enlightened
Guys, digging up an old thread. I have a Thrunite Ti2 that stopped its high mode for a while. All these while i have been testing with fresh eneloop and Energizers but to no avail.

Today out of boredom i popped in a very used Energizer to fully utilise the remaining juice. Somehow, the Ti2 regained the two mode brightness, though it was very dim for both. I tried again with fresh Eneloops and other batteries, but could only get the one mode.

Anyone able to assist me in getting back two modes for all batteries?

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was this issue ever resolved? Is the tab the main culprit in this? This has happened to 2 of my 4 lights (other two gifted) and would like to know in hopes of fixing gifted lights when it happens.

Guys, digging up an old thread. I have a Thrunite Ti2 that stopped its high mode for a while. All these while i have been testing with fresh eneloop and Energizers but to no avail.

Today out of boredom i popped in a very used Energizer to fully utilise the remaining juice. Somehow, the Ti2 regained the two mode brightness, though it was very dim for both. I tried again with fresh Eneloops and other batteries, but could only get the one mode.

Anyone able to assist me in getting back two modes for all batteries?