Help plz, RC-29 NW upgrade? AA thrower? AA aspheric?

Ezeriel

Enlightened
So, here's the scoop; I spent this last summer rebuilding my flooded house with my RC-29 NW lodged firmly between my teeth.
Not the most sanitary thing I've ever done, and I actually kept it on the dry side of my lips while biting down on the inside,
but that doesn't matter, the point is....

My baby, my RC-29 NW, has died! :eek:

...sadly it must have overheated enough times to loosen the soldering, and it has a short. :mecry:

Seeing as I have no experience with such things, and as they no longer sell the NW version, I need an upgrade!
But cool white doesn't appeal to me, and with an aspherical lens I fear it will have a blue/green tint :sick2:

I have a NW Spark, which I love, and has made me a huge fan of Shiningbeams lights, but I'm not finding what I need on his site...

I want several things in one light, a light that I know doesn't exist, so I have to settle for what I can get,
so if anyone knows something that comes close to my needs please fill me in, 'cause I ain't having any luck.

Advice on combo's is welcome as well, as I will likely need at least 2 lights to replace my baby.

I'm just throwing everything out there, and maybe a manufacture will see this thread, and maybe someday, help a brotha out

-I want a 4AA 'long-ways' light, that I can use as a nightstick in an emergency. (humans aren't the only animals I need to worry about)
-I want a 2AA aspherical that doesn't cost more than a wedding ring should.
-I want a 2AA Romisen aspherical, or to know if something similar is on the horizon.
-I want an EDC AA, or AAA, floodlight for up-close use.
-I want a multi-mode AA or AAA pocket light.
-I wonder.. is there an AA version of a pak-lite? or a cheap-o zebralight?
-I want an AA throw-king (I have a LD20 Q5, TK20, Spark NW, TK45 I want more throw!)
-I never want another 8AA light. 4AA would be ok, but 8 is just a p-i-t-a :thumbsdow

I know... I want too much...

but I'm pretty sure 'wanting too much' is the first ingredient when cooking-up a flashaholic

chenko

Enlightened
Longest throw on 2xAA without a lens should be Dereelight Javelin with XPE pill (there was an R2 neutral run not long ago!) and a reflector taken from an XM-L drop-in.
Other contenders are Xeno E06 (large head and smooth reflector option) if you can find the right configuration (neutral or warm XP-E) + Eagletac P100A2 or better yet P20A2 mark1 (probably discontinued now, but who knows, you may still be able to source some).

2xAA with a lens: have you seen Wolf Eyes Krait? Seems a nice thrower, but yeah you get rings of course. And no neutral too.

1xAA Zebralights are very nice and I personally can't think to a better EDC, but those don't come for cheap.

4xAA neutral... there's the Fenix LD40 with XP-G neutral led, seems to be a decent thrower. Also, check Sunwayman M40A, but that doesn't come in neutral IIRC.

If you reconsider the 8xAA thing, Fenix TK41 (cool white only unfortunately) is a monster thrower (~45-50k lux @1m).

On D cells, Fenix TK50 is a superb thrower too.

I hope I've been helpful. Good luck on rebuilding.

Ezeriel

Enlightened
Yeah.. zebralights... I'm just too cheap to buy one lol. They just look way to simplistic for the price.. i dunno.

I've had no luck finding a wolf eyes dealer with a Krait in stock.. and I remember looking for them in earnest 6 months ago as well, with no luck.

The Xeno is quite to my liking and it looks like a throw monster with that fat head... but a review said it had 3500ish lux.. woof.. that's floody... go figure. I'll keep looking for info on it.

While poking around I found Fenix is now selling it's lights through walmart :huh:

... wow.. times they are a changing.