What's the brightest best reliable aaa flashlight?!

davecroft

Enlightened
If you are looking for single aaa lights, Fenix LD01 is a good place to start.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Or Peak Eiger. Very bright (especially on 10440 ! ), and quite tough (especially in stainless steel).

The Vesuvius is brighter though.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
ld01

(short OP without further details, short reply without further details. nice thread!!)

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had the LD01 and the Eiger. Both great choices, but I didn't need both so I sold the LD01. Love my Peak Eiger.

Lighteous

Enlightened
I've had the LD01 and the Eiger. Both great choices, but I didn't need both so I sold the LD01. Love my Peak Eiger.

Is the Peak brighter than the LD01? What influenced your selection of the Peak? I have and really like the LD01 but have admired several of the Peak aaa models. Thanks in advance,

M52 POWER!

Newly Enlightened
The brightest AA light by far is the zebralight SC51, great interface too.

*Sorry, read it fast as AA not AAA

Last edited:

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd recommend the Eiger also. It just screams on a 10440, and can take any battery AAA sized. They don't have bells and whistles, more of a functional simplicity. This also makes them very reliable, and near bullet proof.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Looks like the new Eiger Ultra X is rated at 425 ( "bulb" ) lumens. Note, though, that this model can *only* run on 10440 (not standard AAA cells)....

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Eiger is not brighter than the LD01 (mine is the Oveready limited run with the Nichia 119 High CRI LED) but the XP-G version is probably as bright and the new Eiger X is definitely brighter.

I really liked the LD01 too. The problem I had is that on 10440, it didn't get very low. I wanted something that would run a long time on a very low mode but also get very bright when I needed it. In addition, I've been bitten by the tint bug and the tint/CRI of the Nichia was too good to pass up. The infinite variability is a nice feature too. I've had other Peak's with finicky QTC pills but this one works very smoothly.

Is the Peak brighter than the LD01? What influenced your selection of the Peak? I have and really like the LD01 but have admired several of the Peak aaa models. Thanks in advance,

jorgen

Enlightened
If you will use a Lithium Ion 10440 battery the Peak EigerX or UltraX are the brightest. The UltraX throws a bit further but costs a bit more.
I believe the Vesuvius has been discontinued.