Help me decide...

Ropes4u

Newly Enlightened
I can not decide which light I want to get next it is bewteen the following..

Surefire A2
Surefire E2E with KL1

Steamlight 3AA
Streamlight TL2

Elektro Lumens Tri-star
Elektro Lumens Blaster VI

Any and all advice would be appreciated. The light will be used around the house, car and camping trips.

Thanks, John

machulu

Newly Enlightened
I have problems with my A2 so I can't personally recommend it. I'd get the E2e/KL1 combo. You'll find the KL1 perfect for 90 percent of your needs and if you go camping, slip on the regular E2e bezel for more throw. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

~Stephen

rlhess

Enlightened
I would like to suggest the Surefire L4.

This light never ceases to amaze me. My E2e does not throw that much farther so it's been retired to be the host for a KL1 to provide long runtime, although the KL1 is purpleish compared to the KL4 that I have.

Anyway, the L4 is wonderful.

If you want throw for not too much money, the Streamlight TL-3 is a good choice IMHO.

Richard

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
The A2 & the Tri-Star. For the house & car the Tri-Star. For camping & EDC the A2. If you only get one get the A2!!!

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're a big guy or you don't need something small, get the A2. You won't be disappointed. It puts out great light for throw and an adequate amount of light for close up tasks.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get the E2e, and the KL4 led head. Later on buy an E1e body and the lower power lamp for E2e.

That way you can have the following combination of lights,

E2e
E2O
L4 equivalant
E1e
TW4 (E1e w/KL4)

GregR

Ropes4u

Newly Enlightened
I will check out the Q-beams website - thanks. Where is the cheapest place to pick up a surefire L4 looking around it looks like e-bay is the best deal going.

Ropes