Surefire A2 Aviator reviewed by Popular Science

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
Pop Sci review

space1103flashlight_A_415.jpg

"...as flashlights go, the Surefire A2 Aviator is about as cool as it could possibly get. Constructed of aerospace grade aluminum with a hard-anodized finish, and weighing barely four ounces, the Aviator was designed specifically for military and commercial pilots, who need a torch to both inspect the outside of their aircraft (the benchmark being the total illumination of the six-story rudder on a Boeing 747) and illuminate their charts inside the cockpit without damaging their night-vision...."

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the link. It was bound to happen sooner or later. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif I wonder how many more A2's will be sold because of the review?

-Mike

notos&w

Enlightened
interesting. i was wondering how many months surefire would have to have full page ads before we saw it mentioned in another area. at least they didnt put it in the print version.

balticvid

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know where I can get some good
prices on Surefire lights?

I'm trying to decide between a A2 and a E2. Even a M2.

Is there a listing somewhere as to when various models
were introduced to the public?
Example: If the A5 is 5 years old and the E2 is 1 year
old, Is the E2 the latest technology?
Or am I comparing apples with oranges?

I'm a newby...(How can you tell)

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
forget the E2e and M2...just get the A2; you won't be disappointed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Surefire A2 Aviator reviewed by Popular Scienc

Dan at tacticalwarehouse.com can help you with any questions you may have on Surefire products.

As far as the latest technology goes, you have their incandescent line of lights and their new LED line. I wouldn't consider any of their lights to be outdated. They offer various models for various uses/circumstances.

Latest posts