upgrading from M3C4-xml need MORE LIGHT

Custom

Newly Enlightened
the M3C4 single xml just isn't cutting it anymore!
i've been digging the tk70 since it's release, just a little bulky and pricey.

i'm looking for something i wouldn't mind carrying around in the woods for long walks(would be cool if i could stick it through my belt or fit some of the body in my pocket). i guess i want some flood, but good throw too(see tk70 beamshots).

main thing is, when in max output i want something that will really blast out some light in large fields significantly better than my M3C4. if the option was there, i'd prefer it was easy to get to max output as quick as possible. thoughts?

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Depending on the range you wanted to reach...and whether you wanted to flood the field more or reach further out...there's the Jetbeam RRT-3 XML for example, which throws a massive wall of light, and is easier to handle than the TK70. (I have them both)

The TK70 throws further, and is floody, and I really like it...but you need to get Ni-MH D cells and charger stuff to use it for example, whereas the RRT 3 XML runs on 18650s and is a lot smaller.

Even the foursevens S18 will outperform your M3C4, etc...for flooding a field, etc.

So, if you like the TK70 form factor and are ok with going Ni-MH from the Li ion setup you have, it is a sweet light.

:D

Custom

Newly Enlightened
hey teej thanks for the reply, id love to see the rrt vs the tk70! ill have to check again but i thought the rrt was at least 50% more expensive than the tk70 no?

see i was under the impression that my m3c4 would edge out the s18 in output and throw. i guess im still looking for some throw, to reach the far ends of fields. thing is, i would really want a nice jump in output to warrant the purchase.

Custom

Newly Enlightened
so i want a tk70 in the size of a DRY/RRT lol

i mean some of these fields are a few hundred yards, im just trying to see better without losing flood/spill for the ground in front of me as well.

Last edited: