surefire lumamax l2 good price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neby98

Newly Enlightened
I found a l2 for around 90 bucks and I'm wondering if its a good deal. Its in great shape though opened.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMHO, Yes. If both my L2's got destroyed/Lost/Whatever, I'd gladly pay $90 for another. One of SF's most useful, albeit, underrated, lights. This light will still be sought after many years down the road for it's awesome utility. Oh, and welcome to CPF!

neby98

Newly Enlightened
Thanks! I'm trying to learn all I can but there's so much info on here. Its hard to know where to start.

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haven't heard much about the Surefire L2 since it's an old (~7 yrs) light.
The L2 uses the Luxeon V which is pretty ancient/inefficient by todays LED standards.

If you are looking for something to use on a daily basis, I'd recommend getting something more recent be it a Surefire or another brand.

You can easily get something that is much more efficient in runtime and brightness.

But if your a collector who wants it for your collection then that's a different story.
Regardless, $90 is a good price for an L2 in new conditon.

Here's a good review of the L2 from 2004 and updated in 2006.
http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/surefire_l2.htm

I hope that helps.

Last edited:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
CPF proper is not set up offer sales values of flashlights, and is primarily a discussion forum with some exceptions. Please do some research at CPFMP when it starts up again. You will find many examples of the L2 values based on sold prices archived there. Closing this.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.