Recourse for dealing with web purchase return?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a product (a juicemaker) online from a web site. Good price, prompt delivery. Recipient decides she does not like juicemaker and wishes to return it. I look at web site return policy. No problem within 20 days. Provided a toll free number and email address. Have emailed and called the number off and on for two days and just get answering machine message. Gave contact info but have not heard back. 20 days is over at end of this week. What recourse do I have? How do I investigae the legitamacy of the company?

TOB9595

Enlightened
GP, I'd send a registered letter just to document your intent.
If paid w credit card it's no sweat.

What kind of juicer did you get?
I have the juiceman, I really like the ease of it.
I also have an Angel. Can get liquid from wheatgrass. A real pain to clean the gears. But most effective.
Tom

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was it that Jack Lalane juicer seen on the infomercials? I was thinking about getting one of those for my health. I figure if the guy hasn't keeled over by now, there must be some truth to it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

arioch

Enlightened
You know something irritating about Jack Lalane's new juicer? He was selling another juicer a few years ago, shortly after the original "Juiceman" juicer came out, pointing out that Jack's juicer was much cheaper. At the time, Jack was touting that juicer as something that he had been using for years. Juiceman came out with an updated commercial shortly after that showing Jack's juicer to be far inferior in design, hence the lower price for Jack's product. Now, after seeing Jack's new commercial with his "new" juicer, which looks to be a clear ripoff of the "Juiceman" juicer, Jack puts down the "Juiceman" juicer, along with the old inferior juicer that Jack had been plugging a few years ago!

I find IMO that a lot of these infomercials tend to recycle themselves, showing for a period of time, until sales die down, where the infomercial goes into hibernation, to come out again in the future as a "revolutionary innovation in technology!". Ginsu knives, miracle car polishes, vacuum sealers, food dehydrators, super car oil/fuel additives, miracle cookware, handheld blender/mixers, and yes, juicers fall into this category.

BTW, a good friend bought one of Mr Lalane's old juicers when they came out years ago ... it was a piece of cr@p. It ended up collecting dust under her kitchen counter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Sorry for drifting off topic, was answering the post above mine ...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
My take on the Juiceman infomercial is right here if you want to see it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif :toliet: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
I've never seen the Jack LaLane juicer infomercial, so I can't help much there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys, it is indeed the Jack LaLane "Power Juicer". I bought it from this site.

http://store.yahoo.com/discount-depot/jaclalpowjui.html

Today I finally did receive a answering machine message that a RMA number will be forecoming so we'll see. I am not a juicer expert but the non-Internet savvy girl whom I bought it for says it was $50 cheaper at this web site then where she bought the first one fairly recently. She said she thinks the units are identical but the first one does a much better job at separating the pulp from the juice. I did try to do some research on juicer reviews and very little information was available on the Jack Lalane model. One site I went to was here.
http://www.juicing.com/juicer.htm

I tried to convince my friend to look into the Omega juicer as she doesn't mind spending the money and it has filters for separating the pulp from the juice but no.......