Which Batteries For Sunwayman V10R Ti+

BARBARIAN-X

Newly Enlightened
About 7 years ago I was using a Surefire G2 with CR123A's that I hated because I could not buy CR123A's locally. I decided to only by lights that used AA's or AAA's so I could use rechargables out of convince. Fast forward to today and I have a Sunwayman V10R Ti+ with AA extender on pre-order and I'm just realizing that there are other rechargeable options out there for this light. Problem is I'm clueless as to which rechargeable battery route to go which is why I'm posting. Which rechargeable option would you choose to power a Sunwayman V10R Ti+? Thanks!

egrep

Enlightened
The light runs on anything. Lifepo4, imr, regular lion, l91, alk, Nimh, LSD, whatever. So it's up to your tastes and desires. There are benefits and drawbacks to all. I prefer an IMR 18500 personally. ;)

I reco to people I gift it to use CR123 primaries, AA L91 and consider moving to lion with a cottonpickers charger, FWIW, YMMV

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
To answer your question of which I would choose, I use 16340 lithium ion batteries. They have the same capacity as 14500 cells, but are the size of cr123's so you won't need the extender.

If you have the money, you could get a 18650 ti extension tube from steve ku (search cpfmp), and get 18650 lions for a lot more capacity.

However, before you do either of those, go to the batteries sub forum and read up on lithium ion batteries. They can be dangerous if not handled properly. Until then, use AA NiMH's.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse brevity and typos.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have a V10R Ti (no idea what the + is +)

i noticed while running 16340 aka RCR123 the light gets hot in a hurry.
i only use primaries now in it, and the heat issue isnt there anymore. it does get warm, but doesnt get nearly as hot.

i think i remember reading that on primaries it runs at about .8 amps,
and on lithium ion rechargeables its being over driven.
just something to consider if you plan on using 14500, which i assume would behave the same as RCR123.

AA nimh rechargeables would be another option, max brightness would take a hit though. even so, it would be plenty of lumens for EDC use.
my surefire L1 has a max of about 20 lumens, and its plenty most of the time.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
If its like the V10R, then it draws more amps and is brighter when run with IMR instead of ICR 16340 cells.

As such, if you want maximum brightness I recommend using AW IMR 16340 cells.

BARBARIAN-X

Newly Enlightened
To answer your question of which I would choose, I use 16340 lithium ion batteries. They have the same capacity as 14500 cells, but are the size of cr123's so you won't need the extender.

If you have the money, you could get a 18650 ti extension tube from steve ku (search cpfmp), and get 18650 lions for a lot more capacity.

However, before you do either of those, go to the batteries sub forum and read up on lithium ion batteries. They can be dangerous if not handled properly. Until then, use AA NiMH's.

Thanks for the heads up...I've got a 3 year old that plays with my flashlights so I think I will play it safe and stick with AA's.

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good idea ;). My son is 1 1/2, so for now I can still turn it to low and he doesn't know how to turn it up.