Does your Quark AA 2 X have a greenish tint?

ico

Enlightened
Does your Quark AA 2 X have a greenish tint? Is it very noticable or not much based on an AA2 xpg version?

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have two Quark X AA2 NEUTRAL tint lights that look great, and I highly recommend em. I had a cool white Quark X AA2 that I bought as a gift. I don't remember it looking green, but only messed with it for a few minutes before wrapping it up. In fact I was really happy with the light, and my friend is even happier. My other quarks with the R2 & R5 LED's look good, but the S2 was an awful green. Hopefully 4sevens learned their lesson with the bad press they got on those S2 LED's.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does your Quark AA 2 X have a greenish tint? Is it very noticable
yes, and yes. :sick2:

it looks great though outdoors in nature (against green grass and trees)!!
so i dont mind. i like having lights of different tints.

please use board search < quark greenish >, hundreds hits, most of them for the XML coolwhite offering. good day

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Danielight

Enlightened
My Quark AA2 XP-G R5 puts out a very cool white beam ... not a trace of green.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought 2 at the same time, one as a gift. They have slightly different tints, one is greenish - the gift one, of course.

I also have a Quark S2 emitter that's really green. While I don't really like the green tints, they don't bother me too much. With all the noise about high lumens and warm tints, I think the fact of the matter is that to a large extent, we all have some level of auto exposure, and auto white balance, built into our eyes and brains that offsets a lot of it. Annoying tints, and high lumens, are most noticeable only in side-by-side comparisons.

Ever wear those purplish, high contrast, googles while snow skiing? After taking them off, you'll see blue snow for a few minutes.

Last edited:

dusty99

Newly Enlightened
My new Quark X AA has a very slight blue-green tint on turbo, but it's almost unnoticeable on med. and high settings. Moon and low are bluer.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does your Quark AA 2 X have a greenish tint? Is it very noticable or not much based on an AA2 xpg version?

Yup, the S2 has it. Yuck!

But hey, despite it being "green" this Quark S2 is still my go-to light. :) I have since ordered an AA tube and 14500's for it. Better size/performance ratio. :)

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh yeah, the new XML's some have that greenish tint, remember the tint lottery of the TK35? Same i guess holds for some of the Quark X lights. Can't get 'em all cool white! :)

HIDblue

Enlightened
My Quark X 123^2 definitely has a not-so-appealing greenish tint to it, but I like everything else about the light so it's still a keeper.

logikal16

Newly Enlightened
Yes, the AA2 S2 is definitely green.

I find it easy to overlook, given that it has probably the longest moonlight runtime out there (53 days!).

RDPOE

Newly Enlightened
Mine is great, no green. (X AA^2 Tactical). It's warmer than my Fenix E21, and I'm happy with both of them. Only thing I don't like is the tactical UI, chalk one up to learning experience.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, to each his own actually, the Tactical interface is good when you use your light heavily having a mode you know it will turn on on, makes the light more predictable than having to click it a few times to get the mode you want. That's partly why the Klarus UI is so popular because those who use them know it will always come on on HIGH and the SOS is just one button press away.

RDPOE

Newly Enlightened
I agree, it's a matter of personal preference. I suppose it isn't my favorite, but I can see the merits. It's my first "tactical" UI and after playing with it a bit I like it, but I'd rather have access to all the modes. Now I know what I like and don't like and going forward I'll be all set! :) Overall, I'm very happy with the light, just a little disappointed at my own lack of research into what I was buying. I think I got too carried away with excitement when I saw the price :naughty:

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a 2AA X NW and it puts out a nice tint. No green at all.
and the X NW's are not supposed to be green that's why 4sevens put them out on the field, remember? the X CW's are green so something had to be done about it by offering non-green XML's (Hi CRI, WW, NW).

i am not a believer in tints at all. i prefer PURE WHITE (also called PREMIUM WHITE). (i dislike tints (=colors) in my beams!!). check Fenix, Klarus and EagleTac for great examples.