A tail cap can be used for...?

Mr Bigglow

Enlightened
After going off The Job, my 100% fulltime EDC has devolved to a Quark AA that I carry on my keychain. The light's gone now but it was tied on via a loop of paracord, based on experiences with split rings either working their way off the larger split ring, things getting bent by the leverage of the flashlight, and no doubt other things that happened that I've forgotten about. Anyway, I now find the tail cap for the AA securely tied on my ring, but the rest of the unit has gone missing- probably fell off when it was hanging out of my pocket (as happens occasionally when I just cram the keyring in and my butt is covered by my coat)... no matter, the light itself is gone. I will obtain a new QAA unit but does anybody have suggestions re the second tail cap I will soon own? It is very unlikely I will ever lose the cap itself, unless of course I lose the whole keyring....

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's good for the spare switch and boot I guess :thinking:. I don't see what else you could do with it :shrug:. The bright side is that no one has an extra retainer ring, but now you do... whatever that would be good for...

Mr Bigglow

Enlightened
For the record, the missing quark body turned up on the floor of the back seat of my car last Friday. Never will I understand what happened, short of magic pixies, but the lesson for me is: if something is clearly totally and irretrievably lost, just wait a while.

T45

Enlightened
I have a knife I EDC that on more than one occasion I would have sworn was lost for good, only to find it later jammed in sofa cushions, on the floor in the car, or just laying on the floor in my apartment. Hate when that happens.