Is there an issue with 14500's in the D11 version 2?

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought one and running the 14500 in it seems to cause it problems. It immediately turns on as soon as I screw to head on AND I can't ramp it up or down. The low seems to be more like medium as well. The previous owner thought that i may not be able to run the 14500 in this newer D series Nitecore. I tried to do a search but came up blank. Can anyone enlighten me on this mastter? It seems to run fine qith a standard lithuim btw.

Thanks,
Dan

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought one and running the 14500 in it seems to cause it problems. It immediately turns on as soon as I screw to head on AND I can't ramp it up or down. The low seems to be more like medium as well. The previous owner thought that i may not be able to run the 14500 in this newer D series Nitecore. I tried to do a search but came up blank. Can anyone enlighten me on this mastter? It seems to run fine qith a standard lithuim btw.

Thanks,
Dan
I may be wrong but I believe it may have something to do with the length of the li-ion cell.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one and I've found some 14500's won't work, some work fine (AW), and some won't allow ramping. I've gone back to 1.2v cells. You may find the AW 14500s will work. Like moshow9 said the 14500 cell length varies.

geoff538

Newly Enlightened
I've tried 3 different 14500's. AW, Eagletac, & Trustfire.... All of them do the same thing you describe. They are all too long for the D11.2. The light turns on immediately when screwed all the way. Unscrewing a little bit only allows for temporary power, on full. I can't find a proper 14500 as well..... It's not just you. I just popped an Eneloop in it and forgot about it about 2 weeks ago.