Problem with XML based flashlight

Imapilot

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, I have recently pulled my XML-T6 light out of about six month storage from when we moved. reading 7.65 volts at the die. the Spectra voltage monitor is still reading "blue" meaning full charge. the quick presses of the switch still cycles thru three brightness levels. BUT, At the brightest setting its barley brighter then a candle. lowest setting I can look straight into the die and see the paths, just bright enough to look white.

I hooked it up as I would think to do an amperage reading and got .17amps draw. What could be wrong with my light?

Imapilot

Newly Enlightened
Starting to sound like a cell issue.... My Li-Po 32600 cells are reading 3.89v rested. I am starting to read this should be 4.2 fully charged?

Imapilot

Newly Enlightened
i think i got it, Charger may have been on the fritz. The cells are charging on a different charger for the past five hours now.

EDIT: scratch that. Batteries now reading 8.38 volts together. and that is the input voltage to the driver. LED chip is getting 8.23 volts. still same barley lit light. :(

Last edited:

Imapilot

Newly Enlightened
I jumperd the batteries straight to the driver board this time. Same super dim output. The driver board does still cycle thru its settings though.

The batteries still read 8.38 volts under load. the guy I bought the LED and board from thinks it is still a cell issue.

Is there any way to rule out the cells, driver, or LED? without replacing everything?