Klarus Mi-X5 can't take Dantona NiMH AAAA

flashflood

Enlightened
Bummer alert: as best I can tell, there is only one brand of NiMH AAAA cell on the market. It is made by Dantona and is available from Radio Shack. I ordered two of these for my Klarus Mi-X5. They arrived today, so I charged one up and... it doesn't fit! I tried removing the outer plastic wrapper, but still no luck. According to my micrometer, there is only a 0.02" difference in diameter between an Energizer alkaline AAAA and the Dantona NiMH AAAA. Unfortunately the Klarus Mi-X5 is bored so close to the Energizer diameter that this is a deal-breaker. :(

Imon

Enlightened
AAAA NiMH?!
That's news to me!

This light sounded interesting to me so I Googled it and found this review which mentions that the light doesn't take NiMH AAAAs.
The review is dated to last year too...

Live and learn :p

flashflood

Enlightened
AAAA NiMH?!
That's news to me!

This light sounded interesting to me so I Googled it and found this review which mentions that the light doesn't take NiMH AAAAs.
The review is dated to last year too...

Live and learn :p

Where the heck were you when I was placing the order? :ohgeez:

trocken

Newly Enlightened
Bummer alert: as best I can tell, there is only one brand of NiMH AAAA cell on the market. It is made by Dantona and is available from Radio Shack. I ordered two of these for my Klarus Mi-X5. They arrived today, so I charged one up and... it doesn't fit! I tried removing the outer plastic wrapper, but still no luck. According to my micrometer, there is only a 0.02" difference in diameter between an Energizer alkaline AAAA and the Dantona NiMH AAAA. Unfortunately the Klarus Mi-X5 is bored so close to the Energizer diameter that this is a deal-breaker. :(

The standard size for alkaline battery is 8mm x 42mm.
Standard size for Dantona AAAA NiMH battery is 8.4mm x 40.6mm has "flat top" which makes it shorter than 42mm pressure or high-top
standard cell. So you gave two issues here with size L & W. The width can be possibly be resolved by cutting off the green covering to fit
into 8mm body of light. The height maybe one can solder a small pointed top or cutting off the top of an alkaline battery-I believe someone makes a conductive glue too. Let me know how it goes and battery performance for each setting of M-L-Hi + strobe. Has anyone found any chargers for AAAA?????