will there be a kl2 like head for the m6?

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
GeoffChan said:
I thought you couldn't run it with 6 123's

Geoff

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup it looks a bit wierd but works great I use spent 123's and still get good runtime. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Think "pin head" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I think the KL6 will look a bit better. Like a giant M1.

- Don

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to see that pic. Maybe Sean could e-mail it to me?

Don, I think you have the right idea. I can imagine an M6/KL2 combo looking somewhat like a giant CO2 cartridge.

I see the KL6 on the M3, but I'm almost thinking about getting the KL6 just to see what it looks like on my M6. The runtime on that must be pretty nice.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
welll ... since the runtime of the KL2 on 3x123 (M3) is just about 90min, it would be 3 hours on 6x123 ... not too cool IMHO, we can do much better ...
bernhard

McGizmo

Flashaholic
The KL2 was SF's first entry in the dedicated LED heads, to my knowledge. It uses a current limiting circuit which is like a "smart" resistor; excessive voltage is chopped off and spent as heat. Unfortunately, the LED's only require 6 volts so with a 9 volt supply, the third cell is basically spending its energy as hand warmer. In the case of the M6, two of the cells are relegated to hand warmer mode. With the KL6 however, all of the cells will be working for a united cause of photon creation with the thermal output solely a result of the inherent inefficiencies of the LED.

- Don