Crelant 7G5v2 Noise

jerkeejoe

Newly Enlightened
I recently picked up a Crelant 7G5v2 as my first high power light that takes rechargeable batteries. I'm using 2 protected 18650 batteries and the light performs very nicely. However, the light makes some noise when used. The best I can describe it is to say that it sounds like a shushing sound. The sound occurs in all modes, but is louder in hi than medium and the sound pulsates with the strobe in strobe mode. I've read that some lights make noise, but being inexperienced with rechargeables, I wanted to make sure this was normal for this setup. Thanks for any help.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
You cannot get of the noise, but you can decrease it. Unscrew the pill and give the threads a quick clean. Then screw it back on and the noise is not so loud.

jerkeejoe

Newly Enlightened
A google search of the forum is usually helpful Flashlight Noise

Norm

Yep, did that, and if you look through the search results, you'll notice that all of those threads deal with a humming or buzzing noise, neither of which was my issue.

@ Blue LED - Thanks for answering my question. The noise does not bother me, I just wanted to make sure it was not a problem.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
the people at crelant acknowledge this hum. it's the inductor hum. normally when the cells powering the lights are going low, the inductor struggles to regulate the power going to the LED. Another cause is not so clean contacts. I've noticed on my quark, the inductor whines when the cell is going on low batt.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Yep, did that, and if you look through the search results, you'll notice that all of those threads deal with a humming or buzzing noise, neither of which was my issue..
I think you can put that down to the words people use to describe the problem. But it's all the same inductor whine/buzz or whatever.

Norm