SL twintask 3or6v is it a good deal???

paulr

Flashaholic
The lumen ratings are science fiction but the lights are very good value. Lots of CPF'ers have them and love them. My biggest reservations about them are they're on the large side for what they do, and you have to cycle through the xenon lamp (messing up your night vision) in order to turn the led's on and off. A two-stage pushbutton like an SF A2 is a lot nicer, but the A2 costs a heck of a lot more.

jhereg

Enlightened
The twintask 1L is a good light. My main complaint is the switch which is mentioned above. I am planning to add a tailswitch to the light. It would allow me to select light method with the current switch & turn the light on/off with a switch in the tailcap. I need to find out dimensions on the kroll switch & purchase a couple of them. If it works out I will modify my TT2L also.

Andy

jhereg

Enlightened
One other point. As far as I can tell, my TT1L is about 1/2 as bright as my TT2L. I would rate the 2L as about 1/2 as bright as my Surefire E2E. (While using the Xenon bulbs in each of them.) The twintask lights are good, but kind of bulky with an awkward switch.

Andy

JJHitt

Enlightened
I don't have an E2E, but I'd say the TT2L is very nearly as bright as my G2. Is there that much difference between the E2E and the G2?

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
JJHitt-

This is the first Streamlight I like, combined with the price I really like it.

I have the TT2L, focusing it to it's tightest beam, it was a little less bright than my E2e and the beam was more spread out.

GregR

jhereg

Enlightened
I think my E2E is a little more focused than my G2 (although it doesn't compare to the G2 w/ the P61 in it.) The G2 seems to give me a little more of a flood effect. Supposedly they are both 65 lumens. It is hard for me to compare the beam from my Surefire lights & the non surefire. The Surefire lights are so even & the other lights are not.

Andy

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
These lights (both) really grow on you. I have found the "click" through an unwanted illumination level to become almost automatic. Pointing the light at your leg, or down/back with the Xenon prevents loss of dark adaptation.

The 2L TT is bright enough for almost any application requiring a Xenon. I have all the usual high output SF/SL lights, etc., and find myself using them less, and less.

Not that I don't burn retinas from time to time with the blasters, but the TT's are aptly named; Twin-Task lights.

If you want to spend the bucks, the SF A2 is nice, if they fix the tail cap problem.

BTW- I have heard of ZERO problems with gritty threads, shorting, switch problems, etc. None. Heck of a bargain.

Bill.H

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
jhereg said:
The twintask 1L is a good light. My main complaint is the switch which is mentioned above. I am planning to add a tailswitch to the light. It would allow me to select light method with the current switch & turn the light on/off with a switch in the tailcap. I need to find out dimensions on the kroll switch & purchase a couple of them. If it works out I will modify my TT2L also.

Andy

[/ QUOTE ]

Check McGizmo's website, he did one Kroll already with an Xenergy (same manufacturer), looks good!

edited to add URL McGizmo's Mod