Klarus XT20?

380long

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a Klarus XT20 and wondered what the opinion is of this light and the maker? I found some information but not a bunch...also ordered a pair of Callie's Kustoms 18650 3100mah batteries to power the light. This will be my first time using these batteries.

Streak

Enlightened
You will love this light. I have run mine on old laptop unprotected 18650's as well as Eagletac protected cells. The output is awesome.
It's a great flood light that also has decent throw as opposed to my Crelant 7G5 V2 which is a great thrower with a little flood.
I also have the XT11 which is a great EDC light.
So far everything I have seen from Klarus has been of high quality.

luvbelly

Newly Enlightened
I actually thought about ordering this light but when it showed as backordered on my usual vendor went with the P2A. In the end it was a good thing. I was so impressed with the P2A that light I ended up buying the P1C, XT2C, and XT11 as well. I am not sure what you use your light for but you may want to take a look at the UI for the XT line. I absolutely love this interface.

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
@OP, here's what I thought:
Mjölnir thy competition has a name KLARUS XT20 (review-runtimes-pics-beamshots)

Also, there were a lot of great reviews/posts by other memebers as well. I'm not sure what search string you used but try searching for the full string "Klarus XT20" (without the quotes) in the Advanced Search box in the top right corner.

Hope that helps and congrats on the pick up.

Cheers,
Tim

HarrisOutdoors

Newly Enlightened
I have to say I have been using the XT20 among other Klarus lights and I absolutely love it. It does get some wierd looks down at the Fire Station when new guys see it but when I turn it on and compare it to pretty much everything else anyone is carrying, everyone wants to try it. I like the One smooth one OP reflector combo. It really gives a nice balance.
It is a little big for an EDC so I have an XT11 and and XT1C to pick from. :)
Bob

380long

Newly Enlightened
Got the word my light shipped today so I should have it by Thursday and I have my Callie's Kustoms all charged up and ready to go! I'll let you guys know what I think of it by the end of the week!

TEEJ

Flashaholic
You'll love it, its a great light.

Its like a double barreled XT11 with a choked and full bore...it hits EVERYTHING. :D

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on the XT20! Looks like you got a "Hammer of Thor" going there. :) The 18650 cells you got are great. Practically one of the best out there.

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
If your CK's are recent vintage w/ the new labels then you should be fine. The older ones w/thicker labels were a very tight fit. Congrats again!

380long

Newly Enlightened
turboBB, Just got the new Callie's last week directly from them.

380long

Newly Enlightened
The Klarus XT20 arrived today and outside of a split o-ring I am greatly impressed by the build quality of the light. It may be in my top 3 along with the Jetbeam RRT-3 XML and the Zebralight SC600. Anodizing is great on the light the threads were nicely greased, love the UI and the shape of the light! I cant wait to walk Oscar tonight, I think the one smooth and one orange peel reflector make a great combo. I may be adding additional Klarus lights to my collection in the future!

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Klarus XT20 arrived today and outside of a split o-ring I am greatly impressed by the build quality of the light. It may be in my top 3 along with the Jetbeam RRT-3 XML and the Zebralight SC600. Anodizing is great on the light the threads were nicely greased, love the UI and the shape of the light! I cant wait to walk Oscar tonight, I think the one smooth and one orange peel reflector make a great combo. I may be adding additional Klarus lights to my collection in the future!
very nice man! congrats on the purchase :)

p.s.: I read your line "I can't wait to walk Oscar tonight" as: "I can't wait to walk into the Oscar's tonight"

haha

380long

Newly Enlightened
Sorry tobrien, i'm not famous and did not get an invite to the Oscars but if I did I would be willing to bet I would have had the best flashlight!

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry tobrien, i'm not famous and did not get an invite to the Oscars but if I did I would be willing to bet I would have had the best flashlight!
haha, unless George Clooney or Tom Cruise had a pocket-sized, only-two-were-made Surefire Hellfighter

380long

Newly Enlightened
Well I had minor regrets when I purchased the XT20 because I didn't "NEED" it...those are long gone! After walking the dog the last few nights with the XT20 it has now become my favorite dog walking light and may be my favorite light overall...against some stiff competition too I might add. If this light had a side switch up around the head area it would be the ultimate flashlight IMO. It will be tough for my next light purchase to top this one but in true CPF spirit i'm sure going try to top it!

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I had minor regrets when I purchased the XT20 because I didn't "NEED" it...those are long gone! After walking the dog the last few nights with the XT20 it has now become my favorite dog walking light and may be my favorite light overall...against some stiff competition too I might add. If this light had a side switch up around the head area it would be the ultimate flashlight IMO. It will be tough for my next light purchase to top this one but in true CPF spirit i'm sure going try to top it!
does yours make a buzzing sound at all?

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Its one on my fav lights...I'd carry it in my pant pocket if it were a tad less bulky, but I do carry in in my jacket pocket.

:D

380long

Newly Enlightened
tobrien, No buzzing sound that I noticed but I will pay extra close attention over the next couple of days when I use it.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
tobrien, No buzzing sound that I noticed but I will pay extra close attention over the next couple of days when I use it.
got it, thanks! let me know if you do, the 'floor model'/demo unit at Going Gear's store did a pretty decent buzz which I was hoping wasn't a common thing. :/