Could you telle me more about this SF

.panda.

Newly Enlightened
I found this flashlight in my grandfather basement : laser products 6rph
The battery still work great and the flashlight works just fine.

I am thinking about selling it but I don't know how much it costs.

Thanks!

p1140290s.jpg

p1140293u.jpg

p1140292z.jpg

p1140291o.jpg

Panda from France.

Norm

Retired Administrator
This isn't the place to enquire. Please go to Marketplace and search for similar lights to establish a price.

The MarketPlace requires a separate registration. Your CPF registration doesn't work there. You can reuse the same User Name and Password when you register if you wish. - Norm

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
No pricing info in this post, but I'll tell you what it is.

It's a Surefire 6p with rechargeable kit and markings showing that it was originally sold in the rechargeable configuration.

It's an old version, since there are no machined flats on the flashlight body, and the tail cap features informative marking, rather than generic ones (IE, "Surefire USA"). It also has the old round bezel, instead of a machined-in hexagonal anti-roll section.

The 6R was a duty light that predated the 8X, and was really really good for its age. The primary market was police officers, who carried a light holstered on their belts.

The charger is an old model, but not the oldest.

The german markings are interesting, but I'm hardly the board's historian. I think this would have more value to collectors than any other rechargeable 6p. I also think you may want to hang on to it, as even though it's old, it's still quite a nice light, and it was something your grandfather used. Your only real problem is that the batteries were discontinued last year, so you may have to have aftermarket batteries made, or buy aftermarket packs, when the battery stick wears out. I have one, use one, and don't look forward to the battery's expiration, but getting the pack remanufactured may only set me back $20 or so.

0dBm

Newly Enlightened
That product was marketed and sold during the mid-90s. it is a very simple design that uses the momentary, non-clickie tailcap. It used the original 6P body plus another 6P body in tandem to allow the long, NiCad battery pack to be housed.

The P60 drop-in lamp assembly uses the xenon lamp and the smooth, mirrored reflector before Surefire moved to using the stipled, "orange-peel" model for which it pioneered in this form factor to obtain the artifact-free projected spot (commonly refered to as the "beam").

This configuration made for a rather long, duty-length flashlight that uniformed LEOs found to be baton-esque that worked to their avantage as an implement to control arrestees. The NiCad pack's weight added welcomed heft when this product was deployed as such; however, it made for cumbersome, tiring carry reminescent of the Maglite 2C to which it proximated in weight and dimension except for the 2C's rather bulbous reflector housing.

Output-wise the 6R's was nothing short of amazing when compared to the duty offerings of LE department issue incumbents such as those from Maglite and Streamlight; however, the P60 lamp assembly was rather power-hungry and required officers for carry 2-3 spares batteries per shift. Moreover, the old NiCad technology battery pack's voltage quickly depleted and made for a rather flaccid, yellowed "beam" after just 15 minutes of continued usage. Officers would quickly replace the battery pack to try to get that "white beam" once again; however, they quickly found that if the battery packs were not freshly charged just before the shift, likely sitting idle for several days, it would give them no better output than that which they were replacing.

Overall, this configuration was not an efficient option for the LEO whom needed a duty light that would endure an entire 8-10 hour shift. While it was not dimensionally-overbearing, it required more battery packs. While its output was superior in the smaller overall package, it did not last long. Many officers returned to the use of the other rechargeable duty lights from the other makers, and sought the much more efficient CR123-powered P60 lamp housed in the half-as-long 6P body as back-up. When certain LE departments began providing CR123s in conjunction with training for the Harries and Rogers shooting technique, many uniformed LEOs quickly avoided usage of the large, heavier lights. Soon, the 6P found it way in the pockets of detectives and off-duty uniformed officers and the 6R's demand rapidly lost its appeal until its 8X, 9X, 8NX, 9Nx iteration appeared along with better NiCad technology.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
KEEP IT! Anyways, do you have a P60 lamp or an R60? The R60's were short lived, but were designed to be more efficient with the B65 than the P60, which had been designed to run off two CR123's. It's your grandfathers, and it will only go up in value.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to have one (may still, somewhere). I really liked the light when new. The battery sticks did not last long, but for short runs around the house they were fine. I recall mine saying laser products on the tail. I was one of my first *good* lights. I remember the beam was brighter than a standard 2 cell D flashlight, but those skinny battery packs couldn't hold a bright beam for long. I had several of them, one on the charger at all times. I totally agree with Angel of War: KEEP IT! better yet..... send it to me. I'll take good care of it! lol

.panda.

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys for all of your answers, it is very interesting .
It's a great light, I think I gonna keep it.

Thank you again

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
The good old 6R (not sure about the "PH" designation, could be something for the German market).

When I was carrying mine, I had several custom battery sticks made for it. The B65 used an odd size cell, but I forget what was the cell size.

It's no where close to the size or weight of a 2 C sized light, and only 1.5 inches or so longer than a 6P. Some of the early ones used an R60 lamp module.

-dan

jw2n

Newly Enlightened
The PH marking is the code/initials for the importer. There were two companies that imported SFs into Germany and I believe one stopped. I used to know who they were, their names, and initials which I have now forgotten. I have a round body 9P which is PH marked. I would keep it, or deal with a collector who is familiar w/the German imports. They are seen few and far between here. There is an old thread that explains the German SFs. Yours is the first 6R I have seen so marked.

GunnarGG

Enlightened
So, is it possible to just use one body tube, 2 x cr123 and put in a P60 drop-in and use it as an ordinary 6P?
Anyway, cool light, keep it!

Size15's

Flashaholic
So, is it possible to just use one body tube, 2 x cr123 and put in a P60 drop-in and use it as an ordinary 6P?
Anyway, cool light, keep it!
Yes, you can remove the A14 adapter and use it as a normal 6P.
Note that the TailCap does not feature a LockOut feature and so the switch cannot be disabled to prevent accidental activation. For example during transport or storage. You can get all types of replacement TailCaps for it beyond the Z41 LockOut TailCap which would be the minimum I suggestion if you're going to use this flashlight.