Brightness of TW4?

DiamondCut2_0

Newly Enlightened
What is the brightness of the TW4 in lumens? Is it worth getting to replace a G2 for tactical purposes? Also, will it fit on a regular E1 or E2 body? Thanks, guys! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

T

TACTICAL WAREHOUSE

Hello Philip,

The TW4 is an AWESOME light, but it's not really a good tactical light. Your G2 is much better for this purpose - Especially if you install the P61 lamp. This will give you about 120 lumens for 20 minutes. The TW4 can't compete with that. It's designed for small, reliable EDC. I hope this helps.

BTW, the bezel on the TW4 is the KL4 and it will fit the E1, E1e, E2, E2e and E2O bodies.

Dan

blahblahblah

Enlightened
My TW4 is weak and greenish compared to my regular L4. Maybe it is an unlucky KL4 w/ a bad luxeon??? However, if you're looking for something similar in size... My baby pin rocks.

T

TACTICAL WAREHOUSE

blahblahblah,

Your TW4 should put out a beautiful, white light! It's the coolest EDC light I've ever seen. The light output is far greater and whiter than other one-cell lights, out of the box, and the runtime is incredible! Our customers have been very happy with this light and have made it one of our most popular products. Maybe you need to send your KL4 head to SureFire and have it exchanged for another.

Dan

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Blahblahblah,

How does the KL4 in question look on 2x123 power? If it works well, I don't think you have a *real* problem with the light. If the LED has a high Vf, it is likely the single cell just doesn't have enough power to get the LED up to speed. ALthough running the KL4 on a single cell will cause it no harm, the KL4 was not designed to be hosted on a 1x123 as far as I know. I'm not trying to stir up any trouble here but by the same token, I don't feel it is right to hold SF accountable to a light combination that to my knowledge, they never intended or designed towards.

Obviously the TW4 has been well received and there are many very happy owners. I just think this may be a case of YMMV and there is not necessarily anything *wrong* .

- Don

DiamondCut2_0

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info! I've been considering an Arc LSL because it's cheaper and costs less to run due to runtime. Which is the better EDC? I'm not worried about size. I know that the TW4 puts out more light than the LSL but does one really need ALL that light? I can get a 2-3 hour runtime out of the Arc when the TW4 has a 1.25 hour runtime. Am I missing something? What are your opinions? Thanks for your time.

P.S.
What is the TW4's and the LSL's output in lumens? Thanks again!

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Philip, if you can only get one, I'd recommend the ARC LSH (not the LSL). The ARC is smaller, not that much less bright and has a way longer runtime on a single cell. Note that I said the LSH, not the LSL (unless you like highly blue-tinted white LEDS).

batterystation

Enlightened
Keep in mind that part of the reason the runtime of the TW4 is half that of the Arc is that the TW4 is still running over 2 watts on the one cell. The Arc is a 1 watt LED. I get WAY more light out of my TW4 combo than my LSH-P. I like both very much, but I like the TW4 better. My EDC is an E1E/KL1 combo with the TW4 as extra power.