Surefire scout light thread quality problems? UPDATE

chriscoobs

Newly Enlightened
I have a two tan surefire scout lights and I noticed a problem with the threading where it is very rough. I sent my light to surefire and got one back that had the exact same problem. To compare I added a pic of one of my black sf scout lights that does not have the same issue. The lights work fine I am just dissapointed in the workmanship. Has anyone else seen similar issues in workmanship with scout lights?
photo-11.jpg

photo-12.jpg

photo-13.jpg

Last edited:

cappuccino190

Newly Enlightened
Re: Surefire scout light problems?

I haven't the scout light so can not tell you whether it's the common issue on this type, but from the "SF" logo indicated it had been made recently, SF had changed/simplify the workmanship in recent years so maybe have some influence on his products.
I have lots of 6p/Z2/C2/G2 which bought 2 years ago, seems not too bad.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast

My 3 have been perfect...seems like one slipped through the cracks...I've never seen any like that. E-mail them (with pics), and they should make it right.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you want I can trade you my flawless black scoutlight for that tan body. I want a tan body and dont mind QC issues.

newless

Newly Enlightened

I have a black scout that has the same perfect threads as your black one.
It's a newer model (1 year).

chriscoobs

Newly Enlightened

UPDATE:

I got my light back from surefire and they claim thats how they all come:shakehead They also said that they checked with the manufacturing department who said is does happen in the mfg process when the part is tumbeled, and should still function fine and be weather resistant. However they went through some of their other lights and tried to find the best one they could. I will admit it is better than the one i sent them, but not nearly up to surefire standards, or what is expectd from a $300 flashlight. My other two black scoutlights threads are perfect, along with the roughly 10 other surefires i own. Must be an issue with the tan ones:thinking:

Here is the new one i was given...
photo-29.jpg

Last edited:

Paladin

Enlightened

Clean out the threads with a stiff brush, and apply lube. If still too rough, I'll take a piece of synthetic "steel wool" and wrap it around the threads and twist it around a few times. Again, use a stiff brush to clean out the threads, and apply lube. HTH.

Paladin

Latest posts