Armytek Predator v2.0, any reviews?

NM08SRT8

Newly Enlightened
I'm curious about this vs the Thrunite TN11 (scorpion w/ installed turbo head).

I've checked and couldn't find any info or discussions on the Predator v2.0.

Sent from my LTE 64GB iPad using Tapatalk HD

StarHalo

Flashaholic
The Predator has minor electronics and body changes over the 1.0/1.2 model; I believe it has a slightly wider reflector, which would only reduce throw unless it were also made deeper, but any performance difference would be very slight and probably not noticeable unless you directly compared the newer/older models side-by-side.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I'm saying the older and newer models of Predator are roughly the same, the TN11 with its newer emitter puts out double the lumens over either version.

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's no mention of a 2.0 version on the Armytek web site. A Google search didn't turn up anything either. Does that version really exist?

NM08SRT8

Newly Enlightened
There's no mention of a 2.0 version on the Armytek web site. A Google search didn't turn up anything either. Does that version really exist?

4257642e-b0e0-bad6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

NM08SRT8

Newly Enlightened
I'm saying the older and newer models of Predator are roughly the same, the TN11 with its newer emitter puts out double the lumens over either version.

Sold! :)

Who's having the best deal at the moment on the TN11 w/ coupon code?

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic

It's a Predator with slight external revisions, a larger head, and revised electronics for better runtime. A few CPFers already have them.

Who's having the best deal at the moment on the TN11 w/ coupon code?

It's priced similarly everywhere; you might get a few dollars off if you peruse your CPF member discounts, and mind who's offering cheaper shipping.

NM08SRT8

Newly Enlightened

Just bought the TN11 :)

NM08SRT8

Newly Enlightened
I got my light just now. And notice on the grooves/notches on the head there is a scrape where the anodizing has rubbed off and the metal there is rough. Think I should do anything about this? It's not THAT bad but very noticeable with silver metal poking through.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
So long as it's not scraping against whatever screws onto it, it's fine. Keep the threads properly lubed, it won't affect anything.

NM08SRT8

Newly Enlightened
It's not on the threads actually.. It's the vertical rectangle grooves that are on the body and follow through to the head. Some say they are a little "sharp".

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Ah, if it bugs you, you can carefully file down the sharpness and magic marker the cut, or exchange it if you used a reputable dealer. Any EDC worth carrying is going to have some battle scars over time though.

NM08SRT8

Newly Enlightened
I suppose it will be fine. I agree it will get battle scars lol. I guess some things aren't necessary to keep in pristine condition.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Lights that are meant to be carried around are meant to look like they're carried around. Worry about scratches and dings when one of these are on your shelf (Cw_mi's pic/collection)

dsc02948fh.jpg

NM08SRT8

Newly Enlightened
Just noticed the reflector is cracked by the LED and the silver ring up top had debris under it, like lint and stuff.

I'm starting to grow impatient with LightJuncion. If they charge you for something that's new, that's what I want! Think this will be my last purchase from them. This is the second light from them out of 3 total that I've had issues on regarding condition.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
my second v2.0 is coming today and my first one was and is absolutely flawless. i'll let you know how the one that comes in the mail today turns out