• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Want some Steampunk? **PIC**

Baddog

Newly Enlightened
Up for grabs folks is a mint Oveready C2 Steampunk, sporting a zero res switch down the back end and a Van Isle quad DD up the front end with a gold colored SS bezel by zenolabs and UCL lens.

$425 $430 gets this RARE item to your door.
f9qj9u.jpg

usual rules apply,
Not responsible for loss by courier.

Thanks for looking folks.

Last edited:

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Want some Steampunk?

Oooh, quite the unicorn. Would be interested in the body itself (assuming mint condition) if anyone else would be interested in the Van Isle DSM drop-in. Already have one of those.

Wilkey

Baddog

Newly Enlightened

Oooh, quite the unicorn. Would be interested in the body itself (assuming mint condition) if anyone else would be interested in the Van Isle DSM drop-in. Already have one of those.

Wilkey
Thank you for your interest, but prefer not to part out at this point:)

samuraishot

Enlightened
Hi baddog! So you're one of the three who snagged the steampunk C2's from Oveready. I had one that I just let go of and I sure do miss it.

Good luck with your sale!

Baddog

Newly Enlightened

Hi baddog! So you're one of the three who snagged the steampunk C2's from Oveready. I had one that I just let go of and I sure do miss it.

Good luck with your sale!
as rare as an Hattori Hanzo my friend :)

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thank you for your interest, but prefer not to part out at this point:)
I understand. Wasn't asking you to split actually but rather seeing if anyone like...
I might be interested in the Van Isle DSM if u split it :)
Might want to do the tango with me.

Hey djans, let's see if we can work something out. If Baddog could provide some more details on the drop-in (LED, current, alum v copper, etc.) and it sounds like you're interested, I can buy it, take the drop-in payment from you and then split ship once I receive the complete unit. I'm also not interested in the Zero Res so if you want that, djans, it's yours as well.

Wilkey

Last edited:

Baddog

Newly Enlightened

I understand. Wasn't asking you to split actually but rather seeing if anyone like...

Might want to do the tango with me.

Hey djans, let's see if we can work something out. If Baddog could provide some more details on the drop-in (LED, current, alum v copper, etc.) and it sounds like you're interested, I can buy it, take the drop-in payment from you and then split ship once I receive the complete unit. I'm also not interested in the Zero Res so if you want that, djans, it's yours as well.

Wilkey
folks, the quad is of alum, DD single speed cool white. extremely bright to say the least...

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast

folks, the quad is of alum, DD single speed cool white. extremely bright to say the least...
Okay. 4.2A or 5.6A?

I might have a deal going if djans agrees to the spec of the drop-in. If so, I will post up my "I'll take it" shortly thereafter.

Wilkey

Baddog

Newly Enlightened

Okay. 4.2A or 5.6A?

I might have a deal going if djans agrees to the spec of the drop-in. If so, I will post up my "I'll take it" shortly thereafter.

Wilkey
cant recall which one i ordered as its been a while, but if i go with what i usually do it would have been the 5.6A. At any rate i get a reading of 3.8 at the tail with an old 18650 IMR...if that helps. off to work folks, be back in 10 hrs:)

VanIsleDSM

Enlightened

4.2A Quad will draw 4.2A at the tailcap.

5.6A will draw 5.6A at the tailcap.

The problem is you have to use a thick, short, high strand count wire for good contact on the battery and the host, and then use a high resolution "clamp style" meter to properly measure the current. Using probes, or even thick wires on the 10A setting on your multimeter won't give you an accurate result because of all the resistance you are imparting into the circuit.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for that info, Jesse. Most informative.

Wilkey

Baddog

Newly Enlightened

4.2A Quad will draw 4.2A at the tailcap.

5.6A will draw 5.6A at the tailcap.

The problem is you have to use a thick, short, high strand count wire for good contact on the battery and the host, and then use a high resolution "clamp style" meter to properly measure the current. Using probes, or even thick wires on the 10A setting on your multimeter won't give you an accurate result because of all the resistance you are imparting into the circuit.
yes, i suspected that was the case, never was any doubt that my meter was at fault here:)

Last edited:

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Looks like djans1397 and I might not be able to work something out on the parting of this unit at this price. It is indeed still up for grabs.

Wilkey

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast

Would be nice to know what this light even looks like...