Incendio V3+ STUCK IN MOMENTARY - Any suggestions?

WhoDaresWins

Newly Enlightened
Hello light gurus :wave:

I recently purchased a Lumapower Incendio V3U XML T5 from Todd at IlluminationGear (excellent service btw :thumbsup:). I love this little light and just got the GT upgrade kit that turns it into a thrower. I have been going back and forth between the stock head and thrower head and all seemed to work perfectly... until now.

Recently one evening, while I was tinkering away at my humble flashlight collection (you know what I'm talking about), I was switching between the GT body/head and stock body and head. It just so happens that some of my 4sevens lights were hanging out disassembled next to me. Out of naive, unexperienced, and uneducated curiosity I put the 4sevens Quark 1232 tactical head on my Lumapower Incendio cr123 body. It worked- but only in momentary. Now... my lumapower 123 body is stuck momentary. :banghead:

For some reason, and hopefully all you wise and seasoned flashaholics can shed some light here, the Incendio stuck on momentary when using the cr123 body. The light still works flawlessly when I am using the 18650 body with either the gt head and the stock head. It only gets stuck on momentary when using the 123 body. I can cycle through modes just like normal... but when fully depressing the button, the light turns off rather than staying on.

I did some digging and found this thread --> http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?332434-IncenDio-V3-stuck-on-now
...It describes someone having issues with the light being stuck on a mode. I'm comfortable with the mode switching and user interface on this light and it still cycles through modes it just won't stay on when fully clicked.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this issue or where I can look to enlighten myself is appreciated. :bow:
Thank you.

GunnarGG

Enlightened
It sounds like the head is working as it is supposed but something wrong with the switch.
It could be just bad luck and coincident, OR...

when trying the Quark head on you damaged the switch either mecanically due to different dimensions or due to high current and the switch got burned.

Just some thoughts.

WhoDaresWins

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the input GunnarGG. If it is the switch that is damaged or burned, it seems I may be out luck. I took everything apart and cleaned it carefully. Still stuck in momentary.