Can someone mod my Klarus XT10 - replace the XML with MC-E or "non-green-tint" LED

Chip

Newly Enlightened
Can someone mod my Klarus XT10 - replace the XML with MC-E or "non-green-tint" LED

Subject says it all. I have my Klarus XT10 and love the UI and form factor, but hate the green tint on the XML. Does anyone do that kind of work or can recommend someone to swap out the LED but keep the UI and continue to run on single 18650?

To compare, the Zebralight SC600 "cool white" had too much green in it also, I returned it. The neutral white was too orange, and too warm for me. I love the tint of my older R2 (D10), and MC-E lights (Sunwayman M40A). I also love the tint on my Zebralight SC51 which has Cree XP-G Cool White.

Thanks.

CKOD

Enlightened
Re: Can someone mod my Klarus XT10 - replace the XML with MC-E or "non-green-tint" LE

You didnt list your location, but you can but cutter.com.au lists the tint bin on part numbers of the LEDS they sell, get an appropriate one and it wont be green or pink, and ships internationally

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Re: Can someone mod my Klarus XT10 - replace the XML with MC-E or "non-green-tint" LE

Contact Vinh (Wayne) here...he mods these all the time, does a great job.

Chip

Newly Enlightened

Contact Vinh (Wayne) here...he mods these all the time, does a great job.

Any idea how to contact him? I tried to private message "Vinh" but no such user, then "Wayne" and it says he doesn't allow private messages. Do I have the username correct?

vickers214

Enlightened

Vinhnguyen54 I think he means,i have a trustfire he modded, he does good work

TEEJ

Flashaholic

YES

That's the one...he's great.

:D

Chip

Newly Enlightened

That worked, thanks so much Vickers214!

Chip

Newly Enlightened

I've sent the light over to him for a "cool white XML U2" upgrade. I'll post again after I get it back.

Chip

Newly Enlightened

Just got my XT10 back from Vinhnguyen54 and all I can say is wow! He fixed it and sent it back in the same day! Very professional, very fair price, and I'm 100% thrilled with my XT10 now. The work looks perfect. Its is as he says "as white as you can get" and just as bright, if not brighter. Thank you very much Vinhnguyen54, its so nice to deal with professional people on here.