V10R or V10A Neutral/HighCRI?

• V10R

Votes: 39 59.1%
  • V10A

Votes: 27 40.9%

• Total voters

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
Hi there folks, this is a poll to gauge interest in a limited run of Sunwayman neutrral or High CRI lights in EITHER the V10R or V10A form factor. They would be stock black anodized only. Neutral or High CRI to be determined but assume it may be either only. We are talking about warranty intact lights here folks so vote acccordingly. Thanks!

EDIT
-------
Final configuration: V10R XM-L T4 Warm White - CRI >80
In process. PM for more specific details if you like.

Last edited:

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I'd prefer a V10r hi cri, though a nice neutral would be pretty sweet...
Seen Some talk of a 4500k hi cri Nichia and that may be the best of both worlds

Last edited:

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
This would be a great idea. The anniversary editions were all snapped up super-quick, I think mostly because they were neutral (though the red ring was a nice touch ;) ). My V10R AE is still my favorite EDC. I'd love a V10R Hi-Cri.

I'd also love for SWM to make 18650 tubes for the aluminum V10R, but that's another topic.

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
It would likely be an XPG or XML.

Remember folks that the V10A can take a 14500 lithium AND AA, giving it some versatility, yet still being smaller than the RRT-0. Just a thought.

Vote on!

This poll closes (I forgot to set the date) April 15th.

EDIT: I'm leaning toward a High CRI but I'm thinking Neutral has greater acceptance.

Last edited:

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remember folks that the V10A can take a 14500 lithium AND AA, giving it some versatility, yet still being smaller than the RRT-0. Just a thought.

True, but with the V10R, I can use the AA extension tube and then use 14500 and AA. As far as I know, SWM doesn't offer a 16340 shortening tube for the V10A ;).

Z-Tab

Enlightened
The V10R can take an extender, making it possible to use it with AA.

I'd go for a V10R Hi-CRI. Either way, I suspect they will sell out fast.

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
Except you have to keep the extender with you, making it not as convenient... Much like the RRT-0 can take an extender (though it's AA mode is horrible at best).

The idea is you have super power on tap, then can switch out to common AA as backup. If you use an extender, it's more the other way around, really. But to each their own of course.

EDIT: Just read the post about using 14500 with the extender. True, though now you've kind of lost the svelte look (in my opinion only)

Last edited:

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
EDIT: Just read the post about using 14500 with the extender. True, though now you've kind of lost the svelte look (in my opinion only).

Agree, a separate extender is like using 2 wrongs to make a right - may as well just carry spare 123s. For a multi batt config, the ZL SC 80 is ideal with an internal spacer. I vote AA, and use 14500s - with a runtime as short as these lights, you really need easily available back-up options.

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree that the extender is an awkward solution, but for me, it's worth it to have the shorter length of the V10R most of the time.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse brevity and typos.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
I voted V10R for the same reason as a few others, the AA extension. It doesn't really matter to me though, I swap in whatever emitter I want into the V series. :nana:

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
The biggest difference is your warranty would be intact :)

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
I've never used a warranty on a light but I understand where you're coming from.

Indeed. I doubt there will ever be a factory produced HCRI Ti variant so that's why I have a V10R Ti HCRI w/screw clip on the way ;) I was intrigued enough about the de-mounting process (using a stovetop) that I almost went about doing it myself. The tutorial makes it seem straightforward.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Indeed. I doubt there will ever be a factory produced HCRI Ti variant so that's why I have a V10R Ti HCRI w/screw clip on the way ;)
I traded my V10A red and V10R HCRI for my V10R Ti which is now HCRI also, I haven't got the clip drilled and tapped yet though.

I was intrigued enough about the de-mounting process (using a stovetop) that I almost went about doing it myself. The tutorial makes it seem straightforward.
It's pretty easy to do after you have done a few but the first time can be tricky.

Getting back on topic, I would fear an HCRI version may turn out looking green at the lower levels similar to what I've heard happened with the Quark run.

Last edited:

Ualnosaj

Enlightened
I'm thinking more XPG or XML T3 level... No?

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
As long as I get near 200 lumens at max (or more), a V10R or V11R High CRI would be my dream EDC. Well, to be fair my ABSOLUTE dream EDC would have been a V10R Ti2 in high CRI, but I'll take the next best thing without a second thought.

[...]
I'd also love for SWM to make 18650 tubes for the aluminum V10R, but that's another topic.

great!

True, but with the V10R, I can use the AA extension tube and then use 14500 and AA. As far as I know, SWM doesn't offer a 16340 shortening tube for the V10A ;).

Now you have all the battery options for one light!

Agree, a separate extender is like using 2 wrongs to make a right - may as well just carry spare 123s. For a multi batt config, the ZL SC 80 is ideal with an internal spacer. I vote AA, and use 14500s - with a runtime as short as these lights, you really need easily available back-up options.

Depends on if you want to be able to use both batteries the same day and which one is your original config. If I wanted the ability to use an AA after my Li-ion battery is discharged, I'd put in a 14500 and keep the extender on all the time. Then again, everybody is different.