Convert ROP to LED?

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an old ROP - 2D mag body, aluminum reflector etc, using 6 eneloops and I'd like to convert it to LED. Is there a drop in solution for this?

Sorry if this has been covered before, a search didn't turn up much and it's been a while since I read the forum regularly.

Thanks,

Steve

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I don't think there is an "easy" drop in solution for converting D cell mag lites out there. You end up having to swap out the light engine and replace the reflector assembly with LED suitable reflector(s) or optics and using a 7.2v power source most likely you will have to deal with adding a suitable driver also.

Acid87

Enlightened
Keep the ROP it's great. Just buy an LED 2D which you can change later should you choose. ROP's will become collectors items... That's what I'm hoping anyways.
Steven

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get a Malkoff module.(my pick) Drop-In Module for 3-6 D-Cell to fit Mag-Lite.

On sale right now for $40.

Or.......Terralux TLE 300M Upgrade for Maglite (4-6 D cell)

Those are 2 off the top of my head.

Last edited:

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
At the low end:

Budget Showerhead drop-in for Mag. Fusion 36, now available in warm.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?277748-Budget-Showerhead-Mag-Drop-in.

PR2 bulbs.
You can simply swap these in for low output long runtime and swap the Pelican bulb back in for bright.
- superbrightleds PR2-1WHP-9V. 6AA or 2D. A measly 100 lumens. A good backup bulb in the tailcap of a 2D Mag/6AA ROP.
- superbrightleds PR2-3WHP-9V. 3-6 cell, 6AA only. 180 lumens. Brighter and less blue than the other one but I can not get it to focus as tightly.
- TerralUX TLE-6EX. 4-6 cell, 6AA only. 140 lumens.
- All the other bulbs Terralux, Nite-ize are too dim unless long runtime for extended blackouts is the goal.