Are Fenix Flashlights Really That good

radiotecha1234

Newly Enlightened
I have a mini mag light and it lights stuff up. I see this Fenix brand all over the place and wonder what the big deal is?

kj2

Flashaholic
Yes. They are good. Yes. They give more light than an Maglite. Yes, IMO, you should buy one ;)

luvbelly

Newly Enlightened
Keep asking that question and keep looking around this place. You'll not only find out you'll end up spending some coin.....trust me. Fenix is a very good light but there are tons of quality lights available so look around and do your research, think about how you will use the light, what your willing and able to spend, and then.......well, you'll see. You'll end up starting a collection.

loquutis79

Enlightened
I feel they are a very good flashlight and a great price point [just compare price to somthing like "Olight", also a very good product I think]. The lumens for dollars makes them very attractive indeed. Also, for a Chinese made light, the build quality seems to be very sound. I have several and not one complaint to offer. I don't think you can go wrong with one of them. Just compare the lumins something like the TK35 or TK21 U2 put out, and these are ANSI ratings, to some others. And then look at the price. Very reasonable.
My buddy who got me into this hobby [curse him!] has Maglites. Ask him now and he will say "Mag WHO??' Really.

mrlysle

Enlightened
Radiotecha1234, let me start by saying, :welcome: One of the best things you could do for yourself (besides reading all the great advice you'll get here!), is to figure out exactly what you want a flashlight for. There's just tons of good lights out there right now, and more new manufacturers getting into the game every day. Competition! Yea, that's a good thing in this hobby. If it's not a hobby for you yet, chances are it soon will be! :sssh: Once you know your needs, and your budget, get to know this site well, and learn to use the search function up the page and to your left there, under the CPF banner. Keep the "CPF only" box checked, and start looking. Notice there are several "sub" forums, dedicated to specific things like batteries and chargers, incans, and more specifically for you, "flashlight reviews". There's probably more info on this site than you'll ever need, but it's invaluable when your looking for your first "higher end" light. As the others who answered here do, I have several Fenix lights, and they're all great value for your dollar. Are there even better lights out there? You betcha! But you gotta start somewhere and Fenix lights are as good a place as any. Lots of nice models. Good luck in your search! Hang on to your wallet! lol

SDM44

Newly Enlightened
Fenix flashlights are good. I have quite a few of them.

But as others said, do your research as you'll find other good brands out there that may work better for your needs. I myself am finding that certain Fenix lights that I bought, are now actually getting replaced by some other lights that I'm now picking up because they're just working out better for my needs.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whiz down to the nearest DIY and buy a light off the shelf for a few $.I have spent loads on Fenix and other makes and at the end of the day you get light out of a tube.

TadpolePilot

Newly Enlightened
Fenix makes good lights from China. $52.00
Shadow Pro see comment above. $62.00
SolarForce L- 2 - P Great light. $42.00
Shop the e-bay sellers Hong Kong.

380long

Newly Enlightened
I stayed away from lights like Fenix (Chinese made) until about 6 months ago...bought only USA made flashlights like Surefire (overpriced but good), Streamlight, etc. MAN WAS I MISSING OUT! Better lumen output, better prices and the quality from what I have purchased has been outstanding (Sunwayman, Jetbean, Fenix, 4Sevens). This darn forum has cost me Sooooooo much money but I love coming to read what's new and what everyone is buying! Flashlights are a serious addiction, once you start it's hard to stop. So stop reading and start buying radiotecha1234 so I can see what you buy to get ideas for myself!

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Radiotecha1234, let me start by saying, :welcome: One of the best things you could do for yourself (besides reading all the great advice you'll get here!), is to figure out exactly what you want a flashlight for. There's just tons of good lights out there right now, and more new manufacturers getting into the game every day.

Competition! Yea, that's a good thing in this hobby. If it's not a hobby for you yet, chances are it soon will be! :sssh: Once you know your needs, and your budget, get to know this site well, and learn to use the search function up the page and to your left there, under the CPF banner. Keep the "CPF only" box checked, and start looking.

Notice there are several "sub" forums, dedicated to specific things like batteries and chargers, incans, and more specifically for you, "flashlight reviews".

There's probably more info on this site than you'll ever need, but it's invaluable when your looking for your first "higher end" light. As the others who answered here do, I have several Fenix lights, and they're all great value for your dollar. Are there even better lights out there? You betcha! But you gotta start somewhere and Fenix lights are as good a place as any. Lots of nice models. Good luck in your search! Hang on to your wallet! lol

Read this post carefully, it has a LOT of what you need to know.

:D

Adrenaline_6

Newly Enlightened
Like mentioned above...you have everything you need to make a good decision for a light on this forum, but like others have mentioned, once you take the "red pill" and go down this rabbit hole there is no turning back. :broke:

deth1313

Newly Enlightened
I think they are. I have quite a few from several companies (Fenix, Surefire, Streamlight, Olight, Dorcy, Maglite) and I think Fenix are the best bang for the buck. They make good quality lights at a reasonable price, the TK15 being my favorite for now.

ryukin2000

Enlightened
i am very new to the flashlight hobby and from what i have seen they seem like good quality flashlights with a pretty good price tag too. My friend was doing a show and tell with his TK45 and TK70 and i was very impressed. He gave me a LD10 as gift and i love it. now i have a TK41 coming my way. for 130 dollars you get 800 lumens with low modes and good run times. That is what sold me as well. The quality of the build feels good.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you notice, there are only few posts of users having issues with Fenix flashlights. Thinking back, the biggest was just about the "tint lottery" when the TK35 was new.

Ezeriel

Enlightened
Yup, tint lottery.. it's the only real downside people have had.

I know people have their favorite companies, and they love to brush Fenix aside every chance they get,
but Fenix has consistently made quality lights for long time. They have to be a top contender for best
flashlight company. In my opinion they have been one step behind Surefire for quality for like.. 4 years?

There are other companies out there that make better quality lights, but they aren't as accessible as Fenix is.
Hell, they have even started to sell 'em at walmart.

I've carried a LD20 Q5 in my pocket when I go on patrol, 30 miles of walking a week, 52 weeks a year,
for three years. That's 4680 miles, and the light still works as well today as it did the first time I fired it up.

...and I have brighter lights too, but none seem to be able to replace it.