Keychain light that can use a 10440 and has only 1 'high' mode?

SDM44

Newly Enlightened
I have the ITP A3 that is the "96 lumen upgraded" version, and I really like the ouput on it when using a 10440.

However, I'd really like to find a keychain AAA light that's basically the same size, can utilize the 10440 and produce the same (or more) light as the A3, but only has 1 mode so it's either HIGH mode or OFF.

I know ITP A3 has their original 1-mode AAA light, but from what I've seen it's a lower 70 lumen light with a different bulb and I can't find it for sale anywhere. Are there any other 1-mode AAA lights out there that's no bigger than the A3 (or E05, since it's basically the same size/length)?

Racer

Enlightened
Seems like Peak might make the single mode 10440 lights you're looking for. I'm in the opposite boat. I want a pocket rocket I can crank down when I don't need all that output. So the Olight I3 (basically the updated A3) is the one that fits my needs for that. But I think you might want the Peak Vesuvius (sp?) or maybe the Eiger.

Racer

Enlightened
The Streamlight Microstream might also do the trick. It's a rugged, single mode light with a forward clicky and it's a beast with a 10440.

EDIT: ...though this light might be awkward on a key chain since you'd have to attach it to the clip...

Last edited:

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're describing the Peak Eiger. Look at the lug bodied version without a QTC pill.

Don't bother with Peak's site, go to RMSK, or Oveready.

archimedes

Flashaholic
If you plan to *only* use 10440 (Li-Ion ICR), you may want the newly released Peak Eiger Ultra X.

This one will not run properly on other AAA battery chemistries, however.

Given the extremely high output, though, it does use QTC to adjust output (since on maximum, it gets VERY hot, VERY fast).

As a simple twisty, there is no "mode change" - just twist it up to as much output as you need or want :)

Last edited:

SDM44

Newly Enlightened
You're describing the Peak Eiger. Look at the lug bodied version without a QTC pill.

Don't bother with Peak's site, go to RMSK, or Oveready.

Thanks for that. I was looking on Peak's website and it was a bit scattered with details, and the Eigers were only shown as 10280 lights. I also didn't see anything about the Vesuvius on their site.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Thanks for that. I was looking on Peak's website and it was a bit scattered with details, and the Eigers were only shown as 10280 lights. I also didn't see anything about the Vesuvius on their site.

The Vesuvius is not currently in production (& possibly discontinued?) .

HIDblue

Enlightened
The Streamlight Microstream might also do the trick. It's a rugged, single mode light with a forward clicky and it's a beast with a 10440.

EDIT: ...though this light might be awkward on a key chain since you'd have to attach it to the clip...

+1 on the Microstream on a 10440. Just throw it in your pocket...you'll never even notice it's there.

SDM44

Newly Enlightened
Thanks everyone for the info. I just ordered a couple of Eiger HA's with lugs, in 8 medium with 1 'high' mode (pretty much exactly what I was looking for in specs). Should get them later this week, so I'll be eagerly awaiting to see how it performs next to my ITP A3 "96 lumen upgraded" light in the High mode setting.