ZL SC80 flashlights differences

bitcat70

Newly Enlightened
Hi!
I just got a ZL SC80 flashlight. When I was examining it I didn't notice any markings on it. Does anybody know if there is a way to differentiate between the different models: SC80, SC80w and SC80c? If you got one in your hands how could you tell which model it is? Thanks.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SC80 and SC80w both use XPG emitters so you can't tell which one you have just by looking at the emitter with the light off. However, the SC80 has a cool white beam. This should be instantly recognizable as different from the warmer tints of the other versions. If you aren't familiar with the difference between cool and neutral tints try browsing this forum. It shouldn't be hard to find some side-by-side pics. the neutral tint beam is much warmer ... almost brown tinted.

The beams from the SC80c and SC80w will both be similarly warm. But the Nichia emitter in the SC80c is a different shape from the XPG emitter in the SC80w, so you can tell which one you have simply by looking into the business end of the light with the light off. Do a forum search for the main Zebralight SC80 thread. I think someone had a picture in there looking at the emitter of each of the 3 lights.

Last edited:

bitcat70

Newly Enlightened
OK, that should do. Thanks! Still wish they put some marks on them to make identification easier.

Surnia

Newly Enlightened
The SC80 and SC80w both use XPG emitters so you can't tell which one you have just by looking at the emitter with the light off. However, the SC80 has a cool white beam. This should be instantly recognizable as different from the warmer tints of the other versions. If you aren't familiar with the difference between cool and neutral tints try browsing this forum. It shouldn't be hard to find some side-by-side pics. the neutral tint beam is much warmer ... almost brown tinted.

The beams from the SC80c and SC80w will both be similarly warm. But the Nichia emitter in the SC80c is a different shape from the XPG emitter in the SC80w, so you can tell which one you have simply by looking into the business end of the light with the light off. Do a forum search for the main Zebralight SC80 thread. I think someone had a picture in there looking at the emitter of each of the 3 lights.

Zebra High CRI uses Rebel Luxeons, not Nichia.

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, even when off there are differences between cool and warm LEDs. A cool one should look very distinctly yellow, while the warmer they get the more orange they appear.