So long, it was good to know you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paladin

Enlightened
Today several Surefire light holsters arrived. Normal prices shown at LAPoliceGear are fairly high, but the current closeouts were irresistible. Discovering "made in china" labels inside several items was quite a disappointing and unexpected surprise. We're done here...

Paladin

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Today several Surefire light holsters arrived. Normal prices shown at LAPoliceGear are fairly high, but the current closeouts were irresistible. Discovering "made in china" labels inside several items was quite a disappointing and unexpected surprise. We're done here...

Paladin

You take your holsters very seriously?

awenta

Enlightened
I got a leather basket weave one. Fits a 9p. Very nice.

Chinese holsters won't keep me from buying SFs. :shrug: I have a 3 thousand dollar piece of furniture that was made in china. I wasn't happy but it is very well made and its almost inevitable nowadays for most things not to be made over seas. It's part of the stimulus package to help boost our economy. :duh2: At least Maersk is happy.

fyrstormer

Banned
Don't tell me you buy that "propping up communism" BS the sociocons love to bluster about. It's all just political nonsense. So what if we buy a lot from China and don't sell them very much in return? China just uses all those dollars to buy oil, which is only bought and sold using dollars, and the money goes back into circulation. Dollars have to come back to the US eventually because the US is the authority that says they're worth anything. Usually they end up being used to buy military equipment from us, and we do make some of the best people-killers on earth.

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah, probably will get the thread closed, this is the most 1984ish forum ever. still love it for the knowledge base though!
We really can't talk economics (err, I mean politics) here.
Frankly, it's game theory, people, or rather people tangled up in game theory. I love good theory in practice. We just need to learn to design better and better games.
You can bet your bottom dollar that there wouldn't be a single product within the US labeled "made in China", or made Anywhere Else unless it was good for some capitalist with good traction in the US. I think it's called tariffs or something.
;-)

StarHalo

Flashaholic
It's called cheapest possible labor, aka outsourcing. And we had the correct game in the 50's-60's, we have since decided that American workers and manufacturing are not so important.

Also, Surefire flashlights have remarkably heavy gauge construction. See how on-topic this thread is..

Status
Not open for further replies.