Hey all, I need help with my Fenix PD20

Johnbeck180

Enlightened
Well actually not mine but a friends PD20. When i turn it on with head loose it will go through low medium high just fine but when I try beacon mode it flashes between high and turbo, and never goes completely off and on like I supposed to. And with the head tight turbo works fine but when I soft press to get to strobe it doesn't strobe it just goes down to about the brightness of high (with head loosened) and flickers very rapidly like when an LED is getting ready to go dead. I took my pd20 and switched the head with his and his still did the same thing. I even messed with the tail button retaining disk inside the light. I called the place she got it from they said it was past the 30 day warranty, any thoughts on what could be wrong. Thanks.

shaneotool

Newly Enlightened
my tight head mode was acting funny on mine - I tried a different battery and it started working correctly again.
fenix has a two year warranty. if they place you bought it from won't honor it - I sure wouldnt do business with them again.

Johnbeck180

Enlightened
Ok I tried two different batteries and got the same result. also I made a mistake in my description of the problem. With head loose ( in what I said in my previous post was beacon mode is actually SOS mode) and it goes between high mode and turbo mode with the same pattern as what the usual SOS mode would do.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Clean the threads and contacts and see. It does sound funny, though. Was it like that out of the box? Does the head feel loose?

Johnbeck180

Enlightened
Actually I don't know if it was like that out of the box. It my friends light, he saw my PD20 and really liked it. Later his girlfriend wanted to know where to get one to give him as a gift. Unfortunately I didn't see him for well over a month after he got it. The thing is he has no idea about the world of flashlight, or even what strobe or SOS is even supposed to look like on a light. I could have kept my mouth shut and he would have never known the difference, but I have a conscious..and I'm a flashaholic...it's no even my light thats not working right and it's driving me crazy.

I'll clean the threads and check to see if the head seems loose and check back. Thanks.

Johnbeck180

Enlightened
Ok cleaned the threads and contacts and it's still doing the same thing. the head doesn't feel any different from my PD20 either. Looks like he might be without his light for awhile.

Johnbeck180

Enlightened
Thanks all for the suggestions. I think I'm just going to have to send this one back to get it fixed. First one I've ever had to send back. O'well, probably give him mine to use until his returns I have many other light to use. This was his only one.