Olight SR90 competitor

awenta

Enlightened
I want something in the SR90 class of light. Super bright and crazy throw. I know the SR90 is coming on two years and I was wondering if there is a replacement coming soon.

I don't like the TK70. I'm not sold on the multiple emitter/reflector for throw. Its also shaped too much like a maglite. I'd rather use li-ions than D cells. From what I've read the construction and quality are sub par and seriously lacking.

I also want an led before I get an HID this size just for instant on and off and the like. How is the Oracle for an HID light by the way?

:thanks:

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
Been waiting on that too, looks like you'll have to turn to HID's to find something at par and better than the SR90. It's a class of itself. The TM20 is supposed to be a thrower, but this one's got 3LED's too.

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
The VaraPower Turbo has the same throw, but way more lumens. You can also get it with a de-domed sst-90 which makes it throw much farther than the sr-90 while probably still doing more otf lumens. At the same it's much smaller (3d mag with big head), much cheaper and it uses safe, replaceable batteries.

Link removed. See red banner at top of pate.

Last edited by a moderator:

awenta

Enlightened
How about a light with the Luminous CSM-360? :devil:
There just isn't a new emitter close to the SST-90.

I was more so wondering if a V2 SR90 is around the corner.

Is there a beamshot and lux measurement of the Lambda that you know of? (No I didn't search yet) :tired:

yifu

Enlightened
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?325158-VaraPower-Turbo/page3 Yep sure! The first is the SR90 and the second is the Lambda. Pictures are not mine, they're from the varapower turbo thread. A dedomed one would be brighter. There's a comparison with the TK70 as well.
DSCN0048.JPG
DSCN0049.JPG

Last edited:

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a light with the Luminous CSM-360? :devil:
There just isn't a new emitter close to the SST-90.

I was more so wondering if a V2 SR90 is around the corner.

Is there a beamshot and lux measurement of the Lambda that you know of? (No I didn't search yet) :tired:

Here, here and here you can find lux measurements. Here is a beamshot with the aspheric (from DEFT) on it. With a 66mm aspheric a domed 6500K will do around 240.000lux and a de-domed one around 275.000lux.

awenta

Enlightened
Thank you for that. Very good info. Guess its time to invest in some Nimh batteries. Which ones are best, and which charger? Heard good things about the Tenergy. I have so many Li-ions, guess I started backwards.

I like the SR90 but the Lambda is irresistible. I wonder about a 4D.

Latest posts