Does the Olight SR90 charger got balancing circuitry

RTJ

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone,

I have a SWM V60C but I'm having second thought about the safety of charging the batteries since they are not balanced.

Does the SR90 have got balancing circuitry which monitors the condition of the 6 cell battery pack?

Thanks.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Hi everyone,

I have a SWM V60C but I'm having second thought about the safety of charging the batteries since they are not balanced.

Does the SR90 have got balancing circuitry which monitors the condition of the 6 cell battery pack?

Thanks.

The SR90 is wired/protected to balance the cells in the pack, as they are not designed to come out for balance charging, etc.

You CAN remove the cells from the 60C though, and balance them, if you also have a Pila or other good charger. So you can use the built-in charger, and do some cell maintenance periodically to keep things safe.

I'd probably just use a separate charger instead of the base charger myself in practice...but no one I know of with the light and base/car charging has reported an issue either.

RTJ

Newly Enlightened
Thanks!

So you're saying that the Olight is wired to balance the pack? Safe to use.

I've read some terrible stories about multi cell lights, and I was wondering if the V60C is safe to use then. The pack is charged to 12.60 without measuring the individual cells. So it might happen that some batts are less then 4.20 and some of them are overcharged....

I use the V60C with Xtar 2600's with Sanyo cells inside.

Fully charged I have 4.20, 4.22 and 4.17. If I leave the light on till it goes out, I measure 3.60, 3.59 and 3.20. You see the difference? I'm doing some testing now, but due to the results above, you can understand I prefer a balanced battery pack?