Thoughts on fenix e05 ?

ico

Enlightened
My E05 does not specify its bin, am i right with this, in the serial number registry. All i can say is that it has a very nice tint. A little rosey but barely noticeable. It also has a nice beam but you can see artifacts when close up.
Its also color purple. Got it from fenix' facebook contest

What do you think it is?

fyrstormer

Banned
If the tint is slightly pink it's probably an R2. You can look directly at the emitter and count the stripes of phosphor on top of the emitter. If there are 3, it is an XP-E R2; if there are 4, it is an XP-G R4.

davecroft

Enlightened
It might be difficult to get hold of an R4 nowadays, I believe they were a limited run although some websites still show them as being in stock so you may be lucky.

Both mine are R2 and they are among the 'whitest' lights I have. I really like them, it is hard to find fault with the E05.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's an awesome keychain light, as far as which bin is better I couldn't tell you as I only own one ;)

SDM44

Newly Enlightened
I have the R2 and it has worked great for the past 6 months. However, the anodized finish can come off easily when on a keychain. I just keep it now in my desk drawer at work as a spare light when I need it.

The light is also very white looking, but slightly more blue than my LD01 or iTP A3. Great light, but for the price of the E05, there are some other lights I'd rather get for about the same price.