Super Bright FlashLight

DJJIGGLER

Newly Enlightened
Im looking for a really bright Flash light for under 80 bucks or so, i saw The Dry 3 XML and really like but not sure if its good or if there is anything better
the brighter the better, if possible its from amazon with prime

yifu

Enlightened
Get the DRY 3XML. It is going for just 65 dollars now and there's absolutely nothing brighter at that price point, comparable budget 3 XMLs like the Skyray, whilst at the same price, are considerable dimmer. There are cheap Stanley HIDs for around 70 dollars but they can be hard to get.

DJJIGGLER

Newly Enlightened
Can someone get me a link to a good DRY 3XML to buy i have seen a couple different ones out there

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really wanted the dry, until a friend bought one.. Dreadfully slo pwm.. Max mode (with no pwm) is the only useful mode for me on this thing. Yes it's really bright, but it stops there. It's kind of huge so I wouldent take it with me somewhere outdoors, and the max mode is overkill for 99,9% of my outdoor tasks. The dimmer(slow pwm) modes would never ever been used by me. If you only want lumens, then i guess its a nice light. I dont think there is a light that will give you more lumens pr $.
Most lights with same size head and with a single led (in one big reflector) will out throw the dry with it's 3 leds in small reflectors. It's no thrower, but it got decent reach, so i wouldent call it a pure flood light.

rambo180

Enlightened
I really wanted the dry, until a friend bought one.. Dreadfully slo pwm.. Max mode (with no pwm) is the only useful mode for me on this thing. Yes it's really bright, but it stops there. It's kind of huge so I wouldent take it with me somewhere outdoors, and the max mode is overkill for 99,9% of my outdoor tasks. The dimmer(slow pwm) modes would never ever been used by me. If you only want lumens, then i guess its a nice light. I dont think there is a light that will give you more lumens pr $.
Most lights with same size head and with a single led (in one big reflector) will out throw the dry with it's 3 leds in small reflectors. It's no thrower, but it got decent reach, so i wouldent call it a pure flood light.

you could try skyray king.

spc smith

Enlightened
Just ordered the DRY 3XML CW 4 mode ie version A. It seems that this one is updated with the 20 sec stepdown on turbo mode DD. Hopefully this light will blow my socksoff!

TEEJ

Flashaholic
"Bright" is one of those words that is hard to pin down, as it means different things to different people.

Its like going to a knife forum and saying you want the sharpest knife.

:D

By bright, some people mean a ball of light you can't look at...which IS bright of course, but what are you using it for?

A chandelier? Lighting a football stadium, or the inside of a tent?

How far away do you need to see stuff, and do you need details, or do you just need to see if something is out there?

Do you need to know what color things are?

And so forth.

Look at knives again...the ones used to baton wood, or whittle, etc, might look different from the ones meant for hand to hand combat, which will also look different from a throwing knife, or a skinning knife, or a fillet knife, or a paring knife, or a cleaver, or a grapefruit knife, and so on.

"I don't know, I just want whichever one is sharpest"

:D

This is what a flashaholic hears when asked what's brightest...its like the knifeaholic being asked which one is sharpest.

:candle:

Draven451

Enlightened
Leave it to teej to come up with great analogies :)

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

spc smith

Enlightened
Teej,

I love it! Keep going, but please do tell me more about the GREAT DRY 3XML! I crave this new discovery:).. there I killed another thread!!! Ohhhh yeeeaaahhh!!!

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Teej as usual has a way of verbalizing things.
The Zebralight SC600 is super bright but has almost know distance throw
The Klarus XT-11 is just as bright but has a decent distance throw
The XT-2c is bright but has less throw than the XT-11

Some one who has a minimag AA might think the Preon series by 4 sevens is super bright.