New G2 Nitrolon

unclearty

Enlightened
Just picked up a new G2 , yesterday. Is there a Surefire LED head that can be swapped onto this body??
BTW..love this little light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
There is one - the KL3 - a 1W Luxeon Bezel
There will be another one - the KL5 - a 5W Luxeon Bezel (not yet released but preorders are being taken by some Dealers)

I have photos of the G2 with KL3. Please email me if you would like to see them.

Al
[email protected]

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Al, would you please post it here so everyone can have a look how it's like /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Vince.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll give you a hand with this one:

g2_kl3.jpg

Enjoy!

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Performance-wise (light output) it's the same as if the KL3 were on any other 2 cell light.

With the G2 body: it looks cool, a little brighter than the KL1, long runtime, and the polymer body is really tough but it's frontheavy, the tailcap isn't waterproof, and the tailcap cannot be locked out.

It essentially inherits the pros and cons from both the G2 body and the KL3 head...

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
i just got a G2 as well, and its great. its cheap, sturdy and well-constructed. just a no-frills light that works well. i like the round body too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Here's the runtime plot for the KL-3 running on 2x123 in my UBH. The plot should be the same for the G2 as for the UBH.

This is what a fully regulated light looks like!

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're going to do this, (G2+KL3), get the BLACK KL3, not the HA as it matches the black G2 perfectly. Some folks don't like the looks of this combination but I think it looks really neat! Nice and light, very durable and the batteries will last a long time.

Also, get a Garrity "Ozark Trails" 2XAA light sold at most Wal Mart stores. Pull out the clickie and it'll drop right into the G2 with no modifications at all. Makes the perfect G2 clickie and no worries about any "lockout" feature! Oh yeah, the belt sheath for the Ozark Trails/Garrity 2xAA light with just a little, easy shortening, fits the G2 like a glove.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get the best of both worlds with the Streamlight Twin Task 2L. I have the 1L and finally ordered a 2L for the glove box. I'm trying to convince my wife she needs a 2L too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif She says she likes her yellow G2. She just doesn't want me spending any more money on lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

unclearty

Enlightened
I already own a TT1L..it's my "go to" light. I really like the way that light feels..it's not too bright in the middle of the night..a great all around light. I bought the G2 for throw..and to carry on me at work..problem is ..it's too damned bright!! For 90% of my work, it overly bright. That's why I thought if I could find an LED head for it..best of both worlds..and I can leave my 1L at home.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
You could always use the G2/KL-3 to tenderise meat with! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

...or to do this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

charliek

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Size15s said:
There is one - the KL3 - a 1W Luxeon Bezel
There will be another one - the KL5 - a 5W Luxeon Bezel (not yet released but preorders are being taken by some Dealers)

I have photos of the G2 with KL3. Please email me if you would like to see them.

Al
[email protected]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a question: How does the G2 with a KL3 stand up against a SF L4 ?
(beam quality and brightness)

Size15's

Flashaholic
Don't feel stupid. The SureFire product line is complicated. I often have to refer to tables and charts. There are few who know the whole lot inside out and they work in SF Tech Support I believe.

Al

charliek

Enlightened
I'm trying to save a few coins to buy a L4..... I've got a jar with a slot- every day that I don't raid the candy machine at work- I put money in the jar.... everyone will be happy... I'll have an L4 and my Doctor will get off my case. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif