Preon 2, Satin Titanium

Burntrice

Newly Enlightened
I'm just wondering if many people have one of these and if so what it says on the back of the box?
The website clearly states "Material: Titanium",
The box says "Construction: Hard anodized aluminium"

Have I been sent the wrong one?

Danielsan

Enlightened
the Preon satin titanium has a silver-grey color, better said it has the typical titanium color. I dont know a preon in that color made of aluminium! There is a version in black that combines titan and aluminium (limited), it has ti in the front and tailcap and an aluminium body and there is a full black version made without ti at all. So if yours has the silver-grey color it is Titanium

Last edited:

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
Mine didn't come in a box. I got the Hi CRI "Black Edition", in a ziploc bag.
The head and tail are clearly Titanium. (Body on both my black and blue are anodized Al, though it's Type II so "Hard Anodized" is a bit misleading to begin with.)
I don't believe they ever did a satin aluminum version.

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
I have a numbered, limited edition Preon 2 titanium satin finish and as far as I know, none of these came in a special box - they came in the normal box marked as aluminum. I think the reason is simple - it's too slow and expensive to have short runs of special boxes made.

Harry999

Enlightened
Mine didn't come in a box. I got the Hi CRI "Black Edition", in a ziploc bag.
The head and tail are clearly Titanium. (Body on both my black and blue are anodized Al, though it's Type II so "Hard Anodized" is a bit misleading to begin with.)
I don't believe they ever did a satin aluminum version.

You can get Satin Ti Preon 1 and 2 bodies at the 4Sevens website in the Preon accessories and make your own Satin Ti light!

Lite Me Up

Newly Enlightened
You can get Satin Ti Preon 1 and 2 bodies at the 4Sevens website in the Preon accessories and make your own Satin Ti light!

That's exactly what I did with my Preon 2 Ti Black Edition. Although it was classy enough for pen pocket wear, I wanted the full titanium treatment. I got exactly what I imagined although there is a slight mismatch in hue between the tube and the head/tail assemblies...but that does not diminish its beauty.

Also, the titanium tube will make the light a little heavier as opposed to the aluminum tube.

Burntrice

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys, guess I have got the right one. Going to have to buy a flat tail though I think, I'm not keen on the rattle from the clicky.

Harry999

Enlightened
I have previously got a satin Ti flat tail. I'm not sure if they are still available. Checked - yes they have for $9. Go get it now and make your desired Ti light - are you a flashaholic or not! :)