Hair in your food!

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
You went to mom and pop restaurant and ordered your favorite dish. And when the food arrived; you chow down. After a few mouth full; you saw a hair in it. What would you do?

1) remove the hair and continue eating
2) tell the waiter and get a new plate
3) tell the waiter and leave and never to return.

Last edited:

doktorziplok

Newly Enlightened
shoot my way out!

really, it's a hair in your favorite dish at a restaurant (favorite restaurant, I assume, question didn't say). a hair. act like an adult, calmly tell the waiter. the waiter's reaction will tell you whether or not you should continue to eat there.

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What would you do in this scenario at a restaurant?

Well, it's not your favorite mom and pop restaurant, but it does have some good food.

BTW: You can have your favorite dish without being at your favorite restaurant, right?

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make

report it to waiter. ask for refund. then leave. will eat somewhere else for that day.

maybe try the place again after few weeks. this IF it is the favorite restaurant that serves the favorite dish that tastes better than others. if i can find replacement restaurant i might not go back there again.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast

+

If the waitress assured me it was hers,
I'd let it slide:hitit:

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast

~

wELL hELL ....... i'D ASK FOR SECOND'S !

why don't you tell us what YOU did ?

~

0dBm

Newly Enlightened
What was the rating that the City of LA gave that restaurant? I never eat at a place with rating less that an "A."

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you find a hair in your food, don't eat the dish.

Let your server know and see how they handle it. Don't demand anything but ideally you should get a new serving and the meal should be free on top of that.

If they don't handle it well, call the manager over. If that doesn't go well, call the health department and file a complaint.

It's a big health issue wheter or not you think it is.

Let's put it this way -- No one in the kitchen should be working without a hat or hairnet. If they can't do that little step then what else are they screwing up?

Remember that the best advertising a business can get is word of mouth.

The worst advertising a business can get is also by word of mouth.

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
I don't know that I've ever found a hair in my food at a restaurant. It's happened a few times at home (my wife, children, and I don't wear hair nets when we cook.) I just pick it out and eat my dinner.
At a new restaurant, I would stop eating and call waitstaff attention to it. At a familiar one, where it's never happened before, I'd probably just set that portion aside and keep eating. It's been cooked, for goodness sake.
Once, at a restaurant I'd eaten at a couple times before, I found an industrial-sized staple in my food.
They offered me a free drink, but didn't replace or comp the meal.
Oddly, I've never been back.

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
What was the rating that the City of LA gave that restaurant? I never eat at a place with rating less that an "A."

We don't have that rating system up here in NorCal.
Working in LA for 3 mo's back in 2000, I ate at a "B" restaurant once. Ordered falafel. They arrived gray and kinda hollow. Never made that mistake again!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Honestly, #3.

There are far too many restaurants in NYC and Long Island competing for customers. I'm one of the most easy-going customers anyone in the food service industry has ever dealt with. But if a place screws up like that, I never return. I once ate at Applebee's. Enjoyed a nice delicious steak. When I was done, I look down; and there was a long black hair on my plate. It had been underneath the steak the whole time. My waiter was a dude with short hair. And since it was under my steak, hiding in the steak sauce, it must have come from a long-haired cook. Doesn't matter. Means the manager doesn't force the cook to wear a hairnet. So, that particular Applebee's will never see a penny of my money ever again.

budynabuick

Enlightened
since we are speaking on hair i guess this is on topic. Years ago a dear old lady friend made me my "favorite" apple pie. I went to get a big slIce and discovered what looked like a........... not a hair....... but a "head of hair!!!" The whole pie was filled with air:sick2: APPLE HAIR FILLING OMG! She asked me "how the pie was" and i said "it was great!"

Keith (who checks his pies)

Keith

Last edited:

curtispdx

Enlightened

Keep eating. What's the big deal? BTW, my wife found chewed GUM in some soup in an all-you-can-eat Chinese Buffet. That was gross.

Monocrom

Flashaholic

Keep eating. What's the big deal?

One word . . . Lice.

Not everyone showers everyday. No everyone does a decent job of cleaning themselves. Nor do some of them even care.

StarHalo

Flashaholic

Bon appetit

1245336186565.jpg

march.brown

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is genuinely a true story.

Before a Rugby International in Cardiff , my friend and I and our Wives went to a nice Italian restaurant for a meal ... We were in the downstairs restaurant as the posher upstairs one was full ... We ordered and had our meals and two bottles of red wine delivered to our table ... As I was about to start eating my meal , my friend said "what's that on your plate" ... I looked more closely and found a very large brass screw in the potatoes ... I summoned the waiter and very swiftly my meal was replaced with a new meal ... The waiter said that the screw had come from the handle of the "chipping" machine ... We finished the meal and I said that I would have to go to the rest room (toilet) which was upstairs ... The two Ladies said they would also need to go to their rest room to check their make-up prior to going shopping whilst the men went to watch the game.

The rest rooms were upstairs and at the other end of the posh restaurant ... As we got to the top of the stairs , I said to the girls "This is the first time that I've had a screw in a restaurant" ... All conversation stopped as we appeared at the top of the stairs and all eyes followed us to the rest room door ... Only when we got through the door and went into our individual rest rooms did I realise what it must have sounded like ... I could hear the girls screaming with laughter in their rest room.

When we emerged to go down the stairs , again all the diners conversations stopped as we went down stairs.

When we got back to the table , the Italian manager was waiting for me ... He said "Sir , are you the man that has just had a screw" ... I don't think that he knew why we were laughing so much ... Anyway , we had the wine and half the bill free.

This true story is well known in South Wales now 'cos we told every one of our friends ... When we all went to our local pub , we had many comments which I cannot mention in this post , but it caused a lot of laughter for many weeks.

Latest posts