Shipping time from china

Status
Not open for further replies.

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys, I would like to share and know what you think of the times of shipments from China and what have been their last experience.

My latest experiences have been the worst. over one month, at last received, I am still waiting for 4 batteries purchased on February 27.

Is just a general delay or I'll keep going and getting worse?

SFMI4UT

Samy

Enlightened
I think it's the time of year with the whole new Chinese year deal going on in feb. I ordered a Zebralight sc51 6 months ago and an Sc600 3 months ago and they arrived in 13-15 days. I am currently waiting for a H51w which has so far taken 6 weeks.

Cheers

Abbot

Newly Enlightened
Shipping time from china is always take long time.
Many merchant provide worldwide free shipping. In order to cut the cost of the shipping, they have to choose the cheapest shipment. Import and export also take many time.
On the other hand, Chinese new year holiday have an impact on the dispatch of the items. Many company have lots of goods can't dispatch.

SDM44

Newly Enlightened
I've ordered quite a few things from China over the years, from flashlights to car parts to other accessories. On average, from mainland China to California, USA, it takes a good 12-18 business days (2.5 - 3 weeks) on average. A few times I received stuff within 2 weeks (10 business days, shipped via EMS) or in 4-6 weeks shipped via Parcel Post or some other type of slow service.

Delays can also be caused by customs (on their end or our end, but usually I see it on their end when exporting... had that happen a few times on some orders I had, as the tracking number show it was stuck in China customs for a week or so). Or, they could just have simply created a shipping label but have not shipped your parts out for a couple of weeks while they're waiting on a back order... probably more common, and also shady business practices but it's not like they care about you since all they want is your money.

The only other time I wouldn't buy anything from China is around the end of January or in early/mid February, depending on when the Chinese New Year is. Factories and businesses will close down for like 1-2 weeks straight, so if you don't get your order in & shipped before that, you're going to have another 2-3 week wait on top of the shipping time. This year, Chinese New Year was in mid/late January so the OP's order in late February wouldn't have been affected by this.

Flashlight Enthusiast
stuff I order in Jan can take 6-8 weeks to arrive in US

stuff I order in Feb can take only 10 days in US

stuff I order from DX can take 6-8 weeks no matter what time of year

so it varies. worst case is 8 weeks.

Samy

Enlightened
It's now been 8 weeks since I ordered my SC51 direct from ZL. Longest wait to date. I hope it arrives by May as I have 2 camping trips coming up. ;)

Cheers

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
8 weeks??? Wow... Nah... So much time to wait... From 4 months to now I am trying not to buy from china at least save me a lot. A couples of weeks ago I buy a zebra from a USA seller, just take four days to receive it in florida...

SFMI4UT

Samy

Enlightened
It's never taken this long. If it doesn't turn up shortly then i know it's been lost in the mail although i have been waiting for a custom holster that was put in the mail from the US 3 weeks ago which hasn't arrived yet - maybe there's a hold up at Australian customs.

I'll probably order from a US site or pay a bit (a lot) extra and buy from a local supplier. There's been 3 camping trips i had planned to use the SC51 at in the last month and a bit but i've just had to survive with my other zebra's ;)

cheers

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
This one of the reason because I am trying not to buy overseas, in your case, you buy three weeks ago, what if the item get lost? You have to wait almost more than a month now to have your goods. So, sometimes, if you dont care to wait and you are saved a lot of money buy it overseas.

My case, I never had problems of lost package, one time, like 5 years ago I buy some Leds from china, I wait a month, nothing, open a claim and receive my money back, my surprise, I received three months later...

So, I think it is very strange that the package get lost, just big delays...

I buy 4 panasonic and was shipped 02/22 nothing yet, I buy 6 samsung and was shipped 04/11 the status of the first order always show that was in the postal service of hong kong, the 20, five days ago both status change to: Processed Through Sort Facility
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment.
Maybe both package come together. But cost me almost to month and buy another one thinking that the first one are lost...

Seeing all this I bought 4 panasonic from a USA seller, I received already, just take 3 days... Good price BTW

SFMI4UT

Samy

Enlightened
Just a follow up...

My order arrived on Tuesday. That's 8 weeks but it finally arrived. I checked my order date which was the 29th of Feb. However i received another email on the 12th of March telling me that it shipped on the 12th, that's 10 days after i made my order.

cheers

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a follow up...

My order arrived on Tuesday. That's 8 weeks but it finally arrived. I checked my order date which was the 29th of Feb. However i received another email on the 12th of March telling me that it shipped on the 12th, that's 10 days after i made my order.

cheers

Great, I hope to have the same luck with my first order... Still waiting...

SFMI4UT

e1sbaer

Newly Enlightened
I ordered my jetbeam from a Chinese company on April 13, it was sent on the 15th and arrived on the 27th. A total of 14 days.

Samy

Enlightened
I should also mention that it's now been 1 month since some flashlight accessories I ordered from states were shipped and im still waiting. However, I made an order with Lighthound.com last week, standard shipping, and it turned up in 1 week. Exceptional service from them yet again!

Cheers

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi there, I receive last week my batteries, the order what I think was lost it come with other order of batteries that I buy four weeks ago, the first order take like two months, I order a electronic charger with my second order and come togueter with the batteries. Maybe is kind of lottery too about the shipping time.

SFMI4UT

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
I should also mention that it's now been 1 month since some flashlight accessories I ordered from states were shipped and im still waiting. However, I made an order with Lighthound.com last week, standard shipping, and it turned up in 1 week. Exceptional service from them yet again!

Cheers

Do you receive your order from the states? Why is taking so long? Where are you located?

SFMI4UT

Samy

Enlightened
Do you receive your order from the states? Why is taking so long? Where are you located?

SFMI4UT

No not yet. I am in Queensland, Australia about 1 hr drove from the state capitol. I have been in contact with the supplier and they assure me it's been sent. I've just about given up... ;) My last 2 experiences lead me to believe that paying the extra for express/registered post is what i'm going to use from now on...

I will let you know if it turns up.

cheers

Trevtrain

Enlightened
I placed an order with Zebralight for an SC51w on April 30. Arrived in Melbourne, Australia May 14th.
Not too shabby but then as others here have said perhaps this is not a busy time of year for them.

Order from Manafont (HK) placed on April 30, arrived May 9th. Again, not too long a wait.
(2 of 3 items ok but unfortunately, Fenix MC11 is not working properly :()

As to buying locally - I prefer to when I can however.........
Not sure what the market is like for the rest of the world but as Samy said a few posts back, prices from local dealers in Australia can be much more expensive.
My Fenix MC11 cost me $39 delivered, would have been $68-$78 here (with our exchange rate about 1:1) and the company I contacted couldn't even be bothered to answer my email.

Cheers

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, here in venezuela is almost the samething, you find the goods very expensive and I dont find any of them here. So, we have to live with buy our stuff from overseas and learn to wait for...

Samy, I hope that you receive it soon.

Trev, you have to send back your fenix? That sucks...

SFMI4UT

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.