1X123 P60 hosts?

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been around for a while, and I know how to search (or so I thought). I am SURE this has been discussed, but can't find a thread other than the huge P60 host discussion which focuses on mostly on 2X123, 18650 lights.

Other than the Valiant Little Twisty, anyone have any recommendations for a P60 1X123 host to use with a new drop-in I'm getting to use as a battery vampire?

Looking for something pretty durable, with ability to tailstand being a big plus. Twisty or clicky is fine. I might get the adapter to use my e1e body, but I like the way that one is set up right now.

Thanks all!

SL1

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Solarforce L2M with the Forward clickie tailcap is the single cr123 P60 I use.
There's FiveMega bodies that are Surefire compatible in the CPF marketplace Dealers corner, buy the body there
Or
OverReady sells the tail standing tailcaps bodies and heads for a Surefire style P60. The triad tailcap looks really awesome

archimedes

Flashaholic
Well, the ultimate would probably be a McGizmo 1x123 McClicky Pack ... titanium, tail-standing, can use VME (or standard P60, with an E2C adapter). Pricey, though :)

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a few 3P type bodies by Fivemega. I am not sure if he still makes them.

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not a tail-stander, unless you feel like sawing and sanding, but a 1xcr123 twisty by VME at the EDC Forums Store. Ends in an E-series compatible thread, so you need a VME head or an E2C adapter + bezel.

-Trevor

Gregozedobe

Enlightened
It's a bit of a "lego", but a Dereelight Javelin Head on a C2H body makes a very nice 1x123 "shorty" for the P60 drop-in of your choice. And for extra flexibility you can get an AA/14500 extension tube as well. Have a look at flashlightconnection dot com for more info.

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not a tail-stander, unless you feel like sawing and sanding, but a 1xcr123 twisty by VME at the EDC Forums Store. Ends in an E-series compatible thread, so you need a VME head or an E2C adapter + bezel.

-Trevor
Is that VME head the one made for Malkoff drop-ins? If so then it won't work with anything but the Malkoff drop-ins. I'm currently building one for someone and the P60 drop-in has been modified to make it fit.
2ff4e73c.jpg

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
I've been working on '2P' sized twist only (no momentary) setup:

Moddoolar%20Shorty%20Compare.jpg

Not really suitable for CR123s though.

Last edited:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
solarforce L2M is my fave 16340 sized light. Tailstands nicely too.
I have this one set up for water resistance. Double O-rings at the tailcap. Tripple gaskets at the bezel-body junction, I had teflon tape here too but it was not necessary so I took it off. The stainless bezel trim ring compresses the front lens gasket more firmly than the stock surefire plastic one.

dsc03850vg.jpg

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is that VME head the one made for Malkoff drop-ins? If so then it won't work with anything but the Malkoff drop-ins. I'm currently building one for someone and the P60 drop-in has been modified to make it fit.

Huh. I thought I just tried it. I'll go grab my pieces and try again.

-Trevor

EtA: I'm an idiot - ok, I'm tracking on what you're saying. Yes, the VME head was designed to work for a Malkoff drop-in and will not readily accept a P60-style module.

The twisty body, however, will take a SF-compatible (P/C/G/etc) bezel with an E2C adapter.

Last edited:

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been working on '2P' sized twist only (no momentary) setup:

Moddoolar Shorty Compare.jpg

Not really suitable for CR123s though.

Why is not not OK for CR123's? The dropin I'll be using runs just fine off a single primary. If you're talking about not OK with CR123's with a powerful dropin, I get it. I'm thinking about getting one of those super short bodies and a zero rez to work with an IMR 18350 and the highest output quad. Not sure if I could run that bad boy off an IMR 16340 for an even shorter body. Single mode, ludicrous "hey dude, check this out" kinda light with about 8 minutes of (intermittent) run time.

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why is not not OK for CR123's? The dropin I'll be using runs just fine off a single primary. If you're talking about not OK with CR123's with a powerful dropin, I get it. I'm thinking about getting one of those super short bodies and a zero rez to work with an IMR 18350 and the highest output quad. Not sure if I could run that bad boy off an IMR 16340 for an even shorter body. Single mode, ludicrous "hey dude, check this out" kinda light with about 8 minutes of (intermittent) run time.

The contact for the negative end of the cell is quite short and the wrapper on cr123 normally prevents them from working.
We will revise the design when a new batch is made.
A smart fella like you could easily mod it to work with a cr123 if you like.

Latest posts