Need help focusing P60 365nm uv LED ENGIN (large donut)

Inkidu

Newly Enlightened
I used a generic kd pill and reflector that has worked well with my XM-L projects but
when I installed a LED ENGIN uv I get a large donut.
I have tried to screw in and out the pill as much as possible.
I am not sure even where to get a reflector that is much different that what I have,
Any help would be appreciated.

Maybe an inch or two away

UV006.jpg

maybe 6 inches away

UV004.jpg

Al Combs

Enlightened
A regular flashlight reflector is parabolic. It only works well when focused on distant objects. If your intended target is only 1 inch away, you need an ellipsoidal reflector. Condenser mirrors in projectors are of that type. Phoenix has an ellipsoidal mirror selection that may be helpful.

Last edited:

Inkidu

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the reply
I will begin to look into this now.

Does anyone know if this is the type of company I can just buy one maybe two reflectors from?

My application for this led is mainly just fun.
Light up corals, minerals, might do some glue curing and to general be able to see what other people can't.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks again.

nc_hooper

Newly Enlightened
Yes - this year I bought several medium size reflectors from him. He was very responsive and informative. Have not used my reflectors yet because will (in my case) need to have some custom pieces made so I can mount/use the reflectors in the flashlight head(s). I have some ideas about mounting them, but this is something you need to consider. The reflectors themselves seem very high quality.